We would like to wish everyone good luck on their remaining exams. It’s hard to believe that the term is ending! Please note the following holiday hours/closings of the Hirsh Library.
Friday, December 19 – Library Service Desk closes at 5PM
Saturday, December 20 to Sunday, December 21 – Closed
Monday, December 22 to Tuesday, December 23 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45AM – 5PM
Wednesday, December 24 to Sunday, December 28 – Closed
Monday, December 29 to Wednesday, December 31 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45Am – 5PM
Thursday, January 1 to Saturday, January 3rd – Closed
Over the next two weekends the library service desk will have extended hours so that you can study longer for your exams! On December 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th we are open 10AM-10PM. We should also note that this year, since the T is running later, our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
Need a Friday afternoon break? Tomorrow from 2:30-4:00PM you’ll find a number of games and decks of cards to borrow near the service desk on the 4th floor of Sackler. Please feel free grab an empty table and play away! Have fun!
*Images courtesy of Openclipart
Leo is back to discuss study room policies. We are introduced to Lizzy who has a bit of a dilemma while studying.
We’d love to hear from you and welcome your questions! You can either drop one off in the designated box at the 4th floor service desk or you may email AskLeo@Tufts.edu. Thank you!
HHSL is pleased to announce that we will be live streaming some of the TEDMED 2014 sessions in the Sackler 510 computer lab.
Wednesday, September 10
1pm-2:45pm: “We Just Don’t Know”
4:45pm-6:15pm: “Flat Out Amazing”
Thursday, September 11
8:30am-10:10am: “Stealing Smart”
4:30pm-6:05pm: “Play is Not a Waste of Time”
Friday, September 12
11am-12:40pm: “Weird and Wonderful”
2:30-4pm: “I Was Just Thinking Too Small”
Session descriptions can be found here.
If there is enough interest in a session that we were unable to broadcast live, we may be able to arrange an on-demand viewing at a later date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request a session or have any questions.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Are you threatened by a thesis deadline? Panicking about your personal statement? Dreading your dissertation? Preoccupied by papers, posters, and proposals?
Fear not! We are here to help. Health Sciences Writing Consultants return on August 6, 2014!
Consultations are held on the 4th floor of the Sackler Building, Wednesdays 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm and Sundays 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. You will find the consultants in the alcove behind the security desk, and you can sign up for a session at the Hirsh Library Service Desk.For more information, go here, ask at the Library Service Desk, or Ask Us.
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Tufts MC helps two generations survive hereditary life-threatening kidney disease http://t.co/sgAsqtey8K #LoveTuftsMC about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TheAtlantic: Some simple steps for choosing the right cold medicine http://t.co/3fuqPZOuO5 http://t.co/B7PheanSu3 about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: A cheap alternative way to amplify music on a smartphone during surgery #XmasBMJ http://t.co/LaZNxMyOn8 http://t.co/6sfn6WR… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just delivered a cup of coffee to a busy student! Are you the next student? Only if you tweet #coffeeoncall in the next 10 minutes... 03:51:33 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee You're welcome! 03:50:09 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sleezyslee: @TuftsHHSL ya'll are legit. Ty! 03:49:34 PM December 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook