Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Are you threatened by a thesis deadline? Panicking about your personal statement? Dreading your dissertation? Preoccupied by papers, posters, and proposals?
Fear not! We are here to help. Health Sciences Writing Consultants return on August 6, 2014!
Consultations are held on the 4th floor of the Sackler Building, Wednesdays 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm and Sundays 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. You will find the consultants in the alcove behind the security desk, and you can sign up for a session at the Hirsh Library Service Desk.For more information, go here, ask at the Library Service Desk, or Ask Us.
It’s been extremely worthwhile to experience and observe just the daily goings on behind the scenes at an institution like Tufts. I’m glad for the chance to sit in during library instruction sessions, committee meetings, and just to be generally included. I am happy to be on as many committees and take on whatever projects I can get my hands on. Not many of my internships have been as inclusive as this, and I’m amiss that I won’t have the chance to be a part of future innovation and teams like data management. I am grateful for my time at Tufts HHSL, and look forward to taking what I have learned to nurture a career in public health focused library institutions.
Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
As you may have noticed, the HHSL homepage has had a makeover! Aside from being more bright and cheerful, the page has some new features and a modified layout. The following is a brief overview of the changes – we’ll highlight some of the new features in more detail throughout the coming weeks, so be sure to check back.
- The chat box is replaced with an Ask Us button in the header of the page. Click this to be taken to a page with all the ways to contact the library!
- The images across the top of the page link to portals, which act as a “getting started” point for broad categories of interest to the Tufts Boston campus.
- The orange bar in the middle of the page highlights our list of links to the most popular library resources.
- Our navigation bar now highlights links to our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us!
- The hours and library newsfeed are now more prominent in the right column.
How do you like the new look? Questions? Let us know what you think! (We are especially interested in hearing from Internet Explorer users, since we are aware that tweaks need to be made – feedback helps us troubleshoot more accurately and quickly.)
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Ask Leo Episode Three | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/UUv7jnOmEp about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: What caused California's Napa Valley earthquake? http://t.co/vbg26OO17Z 10:25:58 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Book News: First Superman Comic Soars To $3.2 Million At Auction http://t.co/gGhzwIiyX6 10:21:05 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Welcome to our D18s, who are starting their orientation today! Can't wait to show you everything Tufts has to offer. 10:16:53 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: Being 'choosy' about eating is a common behavior for preschoolers. For tips and more information http://t.co/MwjoKeiXIj … 11:09:54 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 5th floor color printer is out of order this weekend. Please release color jobs to the 4th floor. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 10:12:56 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook