Leo is back to answer more of your questions about library policies and procedures! Catch him in episode two where he discusses how to use Tufts Tools and announces our new computers! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk. Enjoy!
Exciting news about your favorite HHSL band! As a result of fans’ overwhelming support during the Battle of the HSL Bands, the exhilarating March 17th performance of our own Jumbo Go Bragh has captured the attention of the Irish Government and, along with it, an official commendation for their nuanced rendition of a traditional tune. These accolades have led to several invitations for the group to perform at various awards shows, including the Tonys, the MTV VMAs, the Teen Choice Awards, and the J.Q. Adams Elementary School’s Centennial Jamboree.
The group also plans to audition for the next season of The Voice at the end of the summer.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
As you may have noticed, the HHSL homepage has had a makeover! Aside from being more bright and cheerful, the page has some new features and a modified layout. The following is a brief overview of the changes – we’ll highlight some of the new features in more detail throughout the coming weeks, so be sure to check back.
- The chat box is replaced with an Ask Us button in the header of the page. Click this to be taken to a page with all the ways to contact the library!
- The images across the top of the page link to portals, which act as a “getting started” point for broad categories of interest to the Tufts Boston campus.
- The orange bar in the middle of the page highlights our list of links to the most popular library resources.
- Our navigation bar now highlights links to our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us!
- The hours and library newsfeed are now more prominent in the right column.
How do you like the new look? Questions? Let us know what you think! (We are especially interested in hearing from Internet Explorer users, since we are aware that tweaks need to be made – feedback helps us troubleshoot more accurately and quickly.)
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Your favorite skeleton is back with the answers to your #library questions in #AskLeo Ep.2 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/doMTZOqvLS about 1 hour ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dentalhealthorg: Morning tip: Chew sugar-free gum after eating. This helps your mouth to make more saliva and fights the acids that for… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @cdchep: TODAY is #WorldHepatitisDay! Help raise awareness of #hepatitis & its prevention, control & treatment http… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New #FriedmanSchool dean, D.Mozaffarian, hopes to have strong research presence @TuftsNutrition. Via @BostonGlobeMag http://t.co/oQUNNA0F0t about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: TUSDM stats say dentistry is moving towards gender equality- featuring Dr. Maria Papageorge! http://t.co/urd0syM223 #denta… 10:38:08 AM July 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: Is #kelp going to be the next super food that replaces #kale? The question comes up in the search for #sustainability http://… 11:17:32 AM July 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook