We would like to wish everyone good luck on their remaining exams. It’s hard to believe that the term is ending! Please note the following holiday hours/closings of the Hirsh Library.
Friday, December 19 – Library Service Desk closes at 5PM
Saturday, December 20 to Sunday, December 21 – Closed
Monday, December 22 to Tuesday, December 23 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45AM – 5PM
Wednesday, December 24 to Sunday, December 28 – Closed
Monday, December 29 to Wednesday, December 31 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45Am – 5PM
Thursday, January 1 to Saturday, January 3rd – Closed
Over the next two weekends the library service desk will have extended hours so that you can study longer for your exams! On December 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th we are open 10AM-10PM. We should also note that this year, since the T is running later, our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
HHSL is pleased to announce that we will be live streaming some of the TEDMED 2014 sessions in the Sackler 510 computer lab.
Wednesday, September 10
1pm-2:45pm: “We Just Don’t Know”
4:45pm-6:15pm: “Flat Out Amazing”
Thursday, September 11
8:30am-10:10am: “Stealing Smart”
4:30pm-6:05pm: “Play is Not a Waste of Time”
Friday, September 12
11am-12:40pm: “Weird and Wonderful”
2:30-4pm: “I Was Just Thinking Too Small”
Session descriptions can be found here.
If there is enough interest in a session that we were unable to broadcast live, we may be able to arrange an on-demand viewing at a later date. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to request a session or have any questions.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: We had a great time welcoming families and friends to campus for Parents and Family Weekend! https://t.co/oo0VJOurzj about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: 1.8 million people died from #Tuberculosis in 2015 including 400,000 with #HIV & #TB. TB is preventable & curable https://t.co/ijm… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: Why some foods can trigger #migraines in certain people https://t.co/Fss3i1Y5Ue via @KIMTNews3 about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dentalhealthorg: Some good advice here. Our choices of diet are so important when it comes to keeping our teeth healthy https://t.co/nj… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Your #halloween candy survival guide: https://t.co/kPeoBf7SQR https://t.co/1YQAfYFIZi about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Celebrate #OpenAccess week, create a button/magnet using public domain images! At the library service desk now-2pm… https://t.co/tfevGmJZHS about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook