Did you know that according to a study by research group, Bundle, Massachusetts was the 4th largest consumer of ice cream in 2012?
The dog days of summer are upon us, so now is the perfect time to curate the habit for this beloved and delicious dessert. Especially considering that some ice creameries are only open for the season, here are some tasty places in the greater Boston area you can get your fix this summer:
- Picco (South End): House-made and perfect. Including the “Adult” Ice Cream Soda (raspberry Belgian lambic + vanilla ice cream) and a stout milkshake!
- Fomu (Jamaica Plain, Allston/Brighton): Vegan, made from scratch and local ingredients with flavors such as Avocado, Cardamom Pistachio, Mango Habanero and Sweet Lavender.
- White Mountain Creamery (Boston College, Chestnut Hill): Vermont Maple Walnut, Peanut Butter Banana, Kahlua Brownie and it goes on. They even have sugar free ice cream if that’s your jam!
- Toscanini’s (Cambridge): Some of the best in ice cream since 1981. Too many amazing flavors to choose from, so check it out yourself already!
- Churn2 (Cambridge): Do you like your liquid nitrogen-based ice cream served from a shipping container turned micro-food unit? Then this is your place!
- Christina’s Ice Cream (Cambridge): Over 50 flavors, so there’s bound to be at least one that speaks to your soul. There’s also the adjoining spice store next door.
- Batch (Ice Cream Truck): Batch’s Ice Cream Truck operates only from April to October and can be found Sundays at SoWa Market, otherwise you can always pick up a pint of Brown Sugar Bourbon and Pecan at your local grocer.
- J.P. Licks (all over Greater Boston): While they are open all year round, the flavors in the summer get down right fresh. We’re talking about flavors like Peach, Cucumber, and Mojito Sorbet. Kosher and made in Jamaica Plain with dairy free options abound, including hemp ice cream.
Do you have any other favorites? We would love to hear about them!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @MayoClinic: 10 interesting facts about caffeine https://t.co/L1FHL26EiP via @LiveScience about 24 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CBSHealth: These teens were born with the help of an experimental infertility treatment w/ donor DNA - how are they doing now? https://… about 27 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NEJM: Medicine & Society: Unlearning Our Helplessness — Coexisting Serious Mental and Medical Illness by @LisaRosenbaum17 https://t.co/… about 55 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: The power of #blueberries https://t.co/X9DAmvx1R8 via @MayoClinicHS #antioxidants https://t.co/8X1peKi3zW about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Fatal measles complication more common than thought: U.S. study https://t.co/yoLkAG2yDF about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Come down to the Library Service Desk and make a button or a magnet using a public domain image! #OpenAccessWeek2016 https://t.co/QUEabqdHVs about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook