I am here to inform you that this weekend, the Hirsh Health Sciences Library will be closing at 5 pm on Friday, July 1st. We will be closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in honor of American Independence Day, and will re-open for normal hours (7:45 am – 11 pm) on Tuesday, July 5th.
So from all of us here at Hirsh Library: have a happy, fun, and above all safe weekend! And don’t forget the sunscreen! (I know I won’t)
– Leo the Skeleton
As I was speaking with my sister last weekend she was in the process of trying a new way of making s’mores. My young nephews had a lot of fun assembling these delicious treats and I can’t wait to try it this holiday weekend! Campfire cones (or campfire treats) substitute the graham crackers for ice cream cones. Stuff your cone with marshmallows, chocolate, and whatever else you’d like (peanut butter, strawberries, etc.). Wrap it with tin foil and then either bake it, put it on the grill, or heat it over a campfire. When you are finished you have this chocolatey goodness!
Tired of plain brownies? Why not try adding things to the batter?! I keep seeing this one with Oreos and peanut butter! Yummy!
This last one is perfect for the 4th of July! My family has done this trifle before! The main ingredients include angel food cake, whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries. One recipe can be found here: http://bit.ly/1BUD5fu This can also be presented as a whole cake with an American Flag pattern!
As a reminder the Library Service Desk is closed this Friday through Sunday! Have a great Independence Day weekend!
Hello everyone! In honor of Independence Day (this Saturday, July 4th), Hirsh Health Sciences Library will be closed from Friday, July 3rd, through Sunday, July 5th. So make sure you get outside, grill something, and watch the fireworks!
We will see you on Monday!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- The next gluten-level obsession could be lectins https://t.co/DEjES4Z543 about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Library of Congress released a fascinating history of card catalogs. Wait, come back! https://t.co/cRnENWj7vk via @voxdotcom 09:08:31 AM April 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New Anatomical Models | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KntyJ9pPA4 10:12:25 AM April 20, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- After the March for Science, the fight must go on https://t.co/ITu7S2r5nD via @BostonGlobe 09:33:35 AM April 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Norbert Wilson, professor of food policy at @TuftsNutrition, investigates food waste https://t.co/At6V9mTsdj https://t… 10:59:05 AM April 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EndNote x8 is here! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/qsTRrMMQhc 10:31:07 AM April 18, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook