I am here to inform you that this weekend, the Hirsh Health Sciences Library will be closing at 5 pm on Friday, July 1st. We will be closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in honor of American Independence Day, and will re-open for normal hours (7:45 am – 11 pm) on Tuesday, July 5th.
So from all of us here at Hirsh Library: have a happy, fun, and above all safe weekend! And don’t forget the sunscreen! (I know I won’t)
– Leo the Skeleton
As I was speaking with my sister last weekend she was in the process of trying a new way of making s’mores. My young nephews had a lot of fun assembling these delicious treats and I can’t wait to try it this holiday weekend! Campfire cones (or campfire treats) substitute the graham crackers for ice cream cones. Stuff your cone with marshmallows, chocolate, and whatever else you’d like (peanut butter, strawberries, etc.). Wrap it with tin foil and then either bake it, put it on the grill, or heat it over a campfire. When you are finished you have this chocolatey goodness!
Tired of plain brownies? Why not try adding things to the batter?! I keep seeing this one with Oreos and peanut butter! Yummy!
This last one is perfect for the 4th of July! My family has done this trifle before! The main ingredients include angel food cake, whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries. One recipe can be found here: http://bit.ly/1BUD5fu This can also be presented as a whole cake with an American Flag pattern!
As a reminder the Library Service Desk is closed this Friday through Sunday! Have a great Independence Day weekend!
Hello everyone! In honor of Independence Day (this Saturday, July 4th), Hirsh Health Sciences Library will be closed from Friday, July 3rd, through Sunday, July 5th. So make sure you get outside, grill something, and watch the fireworks!
We will see you on Monday!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @CGrantWSJ: Middle-income households spend 9% of their budgets on health care, the largest share of any group https://t.co/C7W8Xf9Ix9 vi… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: "Food computers" could potentially allow scientists to grow crops in any environment—from Space to the desert https://t.co/VrNL… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Discounts Aren't Enough to Halt Outrage At High EpiPen Prices https://t.co/MlvtyvlHmg 03:33:58 PM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Changes to Pay-For-Print at Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/2i9nDTN18v 12:22:11 PM August 25, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Israeli scientists say they can block melanoma spread https://t.co/qldgdLoGmu via @MailOnline 09:24:45 AM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTScience: New study offers reassurance that genomic testing can identify breast cancer patients who *don't* need chemo https://t.co/k… 08:23:43 AM August 25, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook