Requests for items held at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library are now filled free of charge for members of the Tufts community!
And, students, this does not count against your 20 free interlibrary loan requests through ILLiad per year.
We recognize that there may be many reasons you can’t come into the library to grab that article or book chapter you need. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that we will now scan articles and book chapters found in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, turn them into pdfs, and send them to you…for FREE!
Just submit an ILLiad request for the item in question and we will deliver it to you through your ILLiad account. For more information, please review our ILLiad Fee Policy. Questions? Email email@example.com.
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may have already noticed that your ILLiad (hyperlink: http://go.tufts.edu/ILLiadhhsl) account has a new look with easier to fill-in request forms and more accessible account features. Please let email@example.com know if you have any questions or comments about using the new site.
Recently, the Tufts University libraries banded together and instituted an entirely new way to order books from within our library system. You no longer have to log into ILLiad to order a book from Tisch, Ginn, Vet, or any of the other Tufts University libraries – for now on, it’s is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 3: Make sure your location on the drop-down menu says “Hirsh Health Sciences Library,” add a date if it’s a dated request (for instance, if it’s for a research paper, and won’t be any use after the paper’s due date passes), and click Submit. You’re done!
You’re all set! If the book is available, then your request will generally show up in around 2 – 3 business days. Feel free to visit the desk or call us at 617.636.6706 if you have any questions or run into any problems.
Need to request a book, journal article, or other item not at Hirsh? Our Head of Interlibrary Loan, Judy Rabinowitz, answers your questions about fees and charges below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan Fees and Payment
- Will I be charged?
- Faculty and staff in the Tufts community are charged $4 per request (e.g., journal article, book, etc.) for items in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library collection or from a library outside of Tufts. Students are allotted 20 free requests per academic year.
- Will I get an invoice?
- That depends. If there is a charge for your ILLiad request, you will receive an email in the month following the completion of your request with the invoice attached. Alternatively, if debiting a Tufts deptID, you can setup automatic payments and receive no invoices directly.
- How do I pay these invoices?
- Payments can be made by credit card (no Tufts Pcards), or (U.S.) check made out to Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library and brought in-person/mailed to:
Document Delivery Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
- How do I pay using a Tufts DeptID?
- Log into ILLiad and add the Tufts DeptID and account number information in the ‘Payment and Profile’ section. Then, when completing an ILLiad request form, select the account, and payment will automatically be made for that request and you will not receive an invoice soliciting payment.
- How can I find out more about ILLiad?
- Check out Document Delivery Policies and Procedures.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef? - Consumer Reports http://t.co/nSYea1JrXl 12:23:04 PM August 27, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Collaboration Room Pilot Updates | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/MSAqXeRPOY 12:08:33 PM August 27, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Five more industry-funded studies with expected results. Score: 47 to 1 http://t.co/ADAt6ldhd3 12:52:42 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Low vitamin-D genes linked to MS http://t.co/Twj6YDNoVR 12:19:28 PM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Adjunct Prof. Susan Blumenthal on options for a new health ecosystem in the @HuffingtonPost: http://t.co/tVLnbNX8AM 11:34:53 AM August 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook