ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email email@example.com.
You may have already noticed that your ILLiad (hyperlink: http://go.tufts.edu/ILLiadhhsl) account has a new look with easier to fill-in request forms and more accessible account features. Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you have any questions or comments about using the new site.
Recently, the Tufts University libraries banded together and instituted an entirely new way to order books from within our library system. You no longer have to log into ILLiad to order a book from Tisch, Ginn, Vet, or any of the other Tufts University libraries – for now on, it’s is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 3: Make sure your location on the drop-down menu says “Hirsh Health Sciences Library,” add a date if it’s a dated request (for instance, if it’s for a research paper, and won’t be any use after the paper’s due date passes), and click Submit. You’re done!
You’re all set! If the book is available, then your request will generally show up in around 2 – 3 business days. Feel free to visit the desk or call us at 617.636.6706 if you have any questions or run into any problems.
Need to request a book, journal article, or other item not at Hirsh? Our Head of Interlibrary Loan, Judy Rabinowitz, answers your questions about fees and charges below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan Fees and Payment
- Will I be charged?
- Faculty and staff in the Tufts community are charged $4 per request (e.g., journal article, book, etc.) for items in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library collection or from a library outside of Tufts. Students are allotted 20 free requests per academic year.
- Will I get an invoice?
- That depends. If there is a charge for your ILLiad request, you will receive an email in the month following the completion of your request with the invoice attached. Alternatively, if debiting a Tufts deptID, you can setup automatic payments and receive no invoices directly.
- How do I pay these invoices?
- Payments can be made by credit card (no Tufts Pcards), or (U.S.) check made out to Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library and brought in-person/mailed to:
Document Delivery Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
- How do I pay using a Tufts DeptID?
- Log into ILLiad and add the Tufts DeptID and account number information in the ‘Payment and Profile’ section. Then, when completing an ILLiad request form, select the account, and payment will automatically be made for that request and you will not receive an invoice soliciting payment.
- How can I find out more about ILLiad?
- Check out Document Delivery Policies and Procedures.
Tags4th floor 6th floor african american history book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @WHO_Europe: Chikungunya has been identified in nearly 40 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas http://t.co/IeK3Ze8AgY about 59 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: We Can Now Send Thoughts Directly between Brains http://t.co/TOIR6UPcA6 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Sixth Floor Now Open! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/JAZNZVtZHd about 1 hour ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Scientists Implicate More Than 100 Genes in Causing Autism http://t.co/0HZIor5YzB about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Updated information regarding Ebola is available on http://t.co/pj2l11CihX http://t.co/M4VQOQIn1M http://t.co/4K9KqtsmMA about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RegRab77: Recommending this article #PLOSBiology: Recommendations for the Role of Publishers in Access to Data http://t.co/Thipikqaz0 about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook