We are glad to be able to provide many interlibrary loan and document delivery services for free. However, there still may be times when there is a charge associated with your ILLiad request. We don’t always know at the outset which requests are free and which ones will incur a fee.
If you don’t want us to fill these requests for which you will be charged, we’ve made it a little easier to let us know on the ILLiad request form. Just select “yes” or “no” from the dropdown menu for the question: “Only If Free?”
If you select yes, we will cancel the request if you would be charged for it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. More information about when we do charge can be found on the ILLiad fee schedule.
Post contributed by Judy Rabinowitz.
You might call it a cult following – those of you “in the know” about ordering books for free from Boston Library Consortium (BLC) libraries through WorldCat Local. Well, we’re bringing things mainstream!
Starting June 1st, all books, DVDs, CDs, etc. – basically anything that gets returned to the library (so not pdfs), which we are able to order from a BLC library is free of charge to you. And there is just one place to order all your interlibrary loan requests, your ILLiad account. You no longer need to start the request for BLC items from WorldCat Local in order for it to be free. (Don’t worry you are still way underground cool).
Post contributed by Judy Rabinowitz.
On Sunday, April 17, 2016, all ILLiad requests dated before 1/1/2013 that are at the status of “cancelled” or “request closed” will be deleted from ILLiad.
Please take a moment to look through your ILLiad Request history and save any requests that you would like to keep. To do this, log into your account and on the left-hand side menu, choose Request History. Click on the requests you would like to keep and either print out or copy the information to your own files.
Transaction deletions occur annually every spring semester. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Requests for items held at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library are now filled free of charge for members of the Tufts community!
And, students, this does not count against your 20 free interlibrary loan requests through ILLiad per year.
We recognize that there may be many reasons you can’t come into the library to grab that article or book chapter you need. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that we will now scan articles and book chapters found in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, turn them into pdfs, and send them to you…for FREE!
Just submit an ILLiad request for the item in question and we will deliver it to you through your ILLiad account. For more information, please review our ILLiad Fee Policy. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email email@example.com.
You may have already noticed that your ILLiad (hyperlink: http://go.tufts.edu/ILLiadhhsl) account has a new look with easier to fill-in request forms and more accessible account features. Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you have any questions or comments about using the new site.
Recently, the Tufts University libraries banded together and instituted an entirely new way to order books from within our library system. You no longer have to log into ILLiad to order a book from Tisch, Ginn, Vet, or any of the other Tufts University libraries – for now on, it’s is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 3: Make sure your location on the drop-down menu says “Hirsh Health Sciences Library,” add a date if it’s a dated request (for instance, if it’s for a research paper, and won’t be any use after the paper’s due date passes), and click Submit. You’re done!
You’re all set! If the book is available, then your request will generally show up in around 2 – 3 business days. Feel free to visit the desk or call us at 617.636.6706 if you have any questions or run into any problems.
Need to request a book, journal article, or other item not at Hirsh? Our Head of Interlibrary Loan, Judy Rabinowitz, answers your questions about fees and charges below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan Fees and Payment
- Will I be charged?
- Faculty and staff in the Tufts community are charged $4 per request (e.g., journal article, book, etc.) for items in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library collection or from a library outside of Tufts. Students are allotted 20 free requests per academic year.
- Will I get an invoice?
- That depends. If there is a charge for your ILLiad request, you will receive an email in the month following the completion of your request with the invoice attached. Alternatively, if debiting a Tufts deptID, you can setup automatic payments and receive no invoices directly.
- How do I pay these invoices?
- Payments can be made by credit card (no Tufts Pcards), or (U.S.) check made out to Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library and brought in-person/mailed to:
Document Delivery Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
- How do I pay using a Tufts DeptID?
- Log into ILLiad and add the Tufts DeptID and account number information in the ‘Payment and Profile’ section. Then, when completing an ILLiad request form, select the account, and payment will automatically be made for that request and you will not receive an invoice soliciting payment.
- How can I find out more about ILLiad?
- Check out Document Delivery Policies and Procedures.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: How do people at different points of #FoodProduction make decisions? @friedmansprout students go behind the scenes: htt… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Come and make a Mardi Gras mask! https://t.co/RV2C0rupaw 12:16:48 PM February 24, 2017 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Workshops On Demand Bring Learning to YOU! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/VbhX4RZ4Kz 10:11:47 AM February 24, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Don't forget to stop by the Library Service Desk this afternoon and make a Mardi Gras mask! 11:20:07 AM February 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: .@TuftsMedSchool student Jessica Evans-Wall makes poetry with sick children to help them cope with illness. https://t.co/c… 10:17:01 AM February 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: New report finds surprising shift in life expectancy results https://t.co/zn35qO9vcY https://t.co/1L91ethhba 04:19:51 PM February 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook