Need to request a book, journal article, or other item not at Hirsh? Our Head of Interlibrary Loan, Judy Rabinowitz, answers your questions about fees and charges below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan Fees and Payment
- Will I be charged?
- Faculty and staff in the Tufts community are charged $4 per request (e.g., journal article, book, etc.) for items in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library collection or from a library outside of Tufts. Students are allotted 20 free requests per academic year.
- Will I get an invoice?
- That depends. If there is a charge for your ILLiad request, you will receive an email in the month following the completion of your request with the invoice attached. Alternatively, if debiting a Tufts deptID, you can setup automatic payments and receive no invoices directly.
- How do I pay these invoices?
- Payments can be made by credit card (no Tufts Pcards), or (U.S.) check made out to Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library and brought in-person/mailed to:
Document Delivery Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
- How do I pay using a Tufts DeptID?
- Log into ILLiad and add the Tufts DeptID and account number information in the ‘Payment and Profile’ section. Then, when completing an ILLiad request form, select the account, and payment will automatically be made for that request and you will not receive an invoice soliciting payment.
- How can I find out more about ILLiad?
- Check out Document Delivery Policies and Procedures.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @LibraryJournal: RT @infodocket: New Issue Brief From #Ithaka: “Streamlining Access to Scholarly Resources” http://t.co/wQ0ybhRlrD #libr… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Leo is here to help you with printing! Check out our new Ask Leo blog post here: http://t.co/92jDTgkebN http://t.co/Ft6i7Wldwr about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For everyone in Boston who said "I'm moving to Hawaii..." | Snow... in Hawaii? http://t.co/tjLmshlOeO via @BadAstronomer 09:36:36 AM March 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Data issues lead to retraction | Papers from MIT cancer biologist’s lab retracted http://t.co/dq1RzyhEOK via @BostonGlobe 09:33:14 AM March 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Experts Back Angelina Jolie Pitt in Choices for Cancer Prevention http://t.co/kyLcfHMl3E 10:06:26 AM March 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Is turmeric more than a delicious, countertop-staining spice? Can Turmeric Prevent or Cure Disease? http://t.co/dNujBpGwRw 09:55:57 AM March 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook