Hirsh Health Sciences Library is excited to announce that we will go live with our new website on Sunday, December 20th. The old website will no longer be accessible at this point. We spent the past year revamping our branding, designing, and developing the site.
Here are some features we’re excited about :
- The new website has a more enhanced user experience for mobile devices.
- The most popular links, including PubMed and UpToDate, will still be at users’ fingertips within the Quick Links section.
- Users can view the latest hours for the Café with a link to the menu for the week.
- The new website includes the added “Available Technology” feature with the number of items available for checkout in real time.
To access our new website navigate to: http://hirshlibrary.tufts.edu.
We welcome all feedback! You can share your experience here .
You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Speaking of #TBT... why do we get nostalgic, anyway? https://t.co/SftDskKPT9 https://t.co/0ULAXPQIT6 about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Margaritas & Salmonella don’t mix! Keep your #CincoDeMayo dishes safe by keeping hot foods hot & cold foods cold. https… about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Olympians Shouldn’t Swim Through Sewage https://t.co/95KmDQtm34 about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDA: #ActonClimate: A look back on 7 years of historic #USDAResults → https://t.co/pfKi45JkY8 https://t.co/uajjAFXxno about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: Should Opioid Training for Doctors Be Mandatory? https://t.co/xKok8q0GzJ about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: U.S. To Ship Peanuts To Feed Haitian Kids. Aid Groups Say 'This Is Wrong' https://t.co/GC0MFN20dw about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook