You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
By PDGACO gaballaloans.co.uk
- No categories
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: .@peterlevine discusses the strategy and moral philosophy of creating broad civic engagement http://t.co/phNDrekXua about 8 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- PHD Comics: A Professor's Prayer http://t.co/GxNkw52y5x via @phdcomics about 8 hours ago from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ALA_TechSource: Copyright Clearance Center Joins Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association http://t.co/0ZEhLaFUQy about 8 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Minor Lunar Eclipse Tonight: How to Watch It Online http://t.co/NMQ8wgvAZq about 8 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: 4 papers in the journal Science this week tried to replicate Case Western's Alzheimer's treatment--and they couldn't - Ronald P… about 8 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have special hours for Memorial Day Monday! http://t.co/kodf9bStpI 01:02:23 PM May 23, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook