You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsAlert: On Wed Feb 4 there will be a test of @TuftsAlert. Visit http://t.co/egKA0uYv9h now to make sure your contact info is up to … about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Don’t let bacteria score at your #SuperBowl party! Use these tips to stay on the defense against foodborne illness: htt… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Unfamiliar with our scanners? Check out the new Ask Leo! http://t.co/OIysJ4Zf9h 10:57:56 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're open today, so come to our Open Workshop! We do them every Thurs @ noon in SK510. Today's topic: PubMed. http://t.co/g4rXxLO160 10:15:40 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Hirsh Library is back to normal hours today, January 29th. Welcome back! 08:35:05 AM January 29, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The library won't be staffed tomorrow Wed 1/28 but the Sackler building will be open. For more closing info visit: http://t.co/RrFZy7aovB 09:27:15 PM January 27, 2015 from Mobile Web (M5) ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook