You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at email@example.com!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- We're ready to tackle the @TuftsOOS #GreenOfficeCertification Challenge! Our office is good at being green, but we're aiming for platinum! about 41 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tomato season is upon us. If their juicy taste alone doesn't tempt you, read about their myriad health benefits http://… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BrowZine now Available: View Journals Directly from your Tablet! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 about 4 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOOS: On the #Tufts Boston campus? Stop by Sackler 220 tomorrow at 11am to learn more about the #Green Office Certification Progra… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our central elevator is currently out of service. Please use either the front or rear to access other floors of the library. 11:21:15 AM July 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook