Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New Center for Global Public Health for @TuftsMedSchool: http://t.co/op0xoeQM42 about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extended Library Service Desk Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/nJLNwjCahh about 17 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Stop by Sackler's 4th floor to buy homemade cookie mix from the American Association of Women Dentists- today and tomorrow… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GECellBiology: Get your 2014 Cell Image Calendar; FREE when you vote> http://t.co/jBwg8nBITU filled with stunning cell images http://t.… about 21 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Join us tomorrow in Merritt at noon for Barry Regan's lecture "Legal Implications for Dental Practitioners in the Informat… 04:23:45 PM December 04, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Want health insurance? #GetCovered The Mayor’s Health Line will help people enroll on 12/6 at the Mattapan Public Librar… 09:49:47 AM December 04, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook