Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review books circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @JMHNRCA: @sciam @JMHNRCA @TuftsNutrition Exercise has less of an effect on weight loss than we thought. https://t.co/y2Nb0znbvz https… 01:51:57 PM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Poll: Doctors Are Still Prescribing Lots Of Opioids For Low Back Pain https://t.co/8lyHB530vV 01:08:25 PM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How a drug ad made its way into ‘General Hospital’ https://t.co/raJggJlTpg via @statnews 09:41:57 AM May 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Scientists Glued Fake Caterpillars On Plants Worldwide. Here's What Happened https://t.co/ZpP3e3ZCmV 03:36:33 PM May 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Can poppyseed oil help infertile couples conceive? https://t.co/DAvtVHEXJO via @statnews 03:11:02 PM May 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What an Apple-Picking Robot Means for the Future of Farm Workers https://t.co/tmltnROwcU #science 02:17:22 PM May 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook