Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @BtfdLibrary: Grab your #cowbell and get ready to #FollowALibrary on September 30! https://t.co/krL8wryUsI 01:19:06 PM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out our October Open Workshops! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/CNNQNxIYdi 12:41:23 PM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: New article series accelerates evidence into practice...Introducing Rapid Recommendations! https://t.co/OBxBNZJiTw https://… 09:22:19 AM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your daily dose of interesting malaria news! https://t.co/JU3gWrQ2fL 09:18:25 AM September 29, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My favorite creature (and maybe yours?)- Tardigrades Have the Right Stuff to Resist Radiation https://t.co/33nBUlLOmb 12:55:41 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ants Pick Morphine Over Sugar https://t.co/fFLYgsKLwF 12:54:31 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook