Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsOOS: Is #kelp going to be the next super food that replaces #kale? The question comes up in the search for #sustainability http://… 11:17:32 AM July 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bbchealth: Cancer blood test moves step closer http://t.co/SyGIc7nLCq 10:57:42 AM July 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UF_IFAS: @scifri Some more tips from @UFlorida IFAS to help keep safe from #mosquito-borne diseases #SciFriLive #UFBugs http://t.co/vfJ… 04:04:08 PM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: Tomorrow 10-11AM, FREE Yoga @ Schoolmaster Hill Franklin Park Get fit w/@BostonParksDept Summer Fitness http://t.co/0TgS… 04:02:05 PM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Have you tried #REDCap yet? Manage your research data - join @TuftsCTSI's community of more than 900 users today: http://t.c… 04:01:58 PM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: Happy 120th birthday, Floating Hospital for Children! On July 25, 1894, Boston Floating Hospital was born on a rented … 09:05:47 AM July 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook