Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @LillyMusicLib: It's OA (Open Access) Week! Where is your fave place to find free music for projects? Here's one of ours: https://t.co/a… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Top 10 Reasons to Publish #OpenAccess | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/pyg71yvtXx about 7 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To celebrate #OpenAccessWeek, come create a button or magnet using public domain images! At the library service des… https://t.co/0maUjY0uZx about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #OpenAccessWeek! #oaweek16 https://t.co/tbsEtFBqGk about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BOS311: Early voting starts today and ends Nov 4! Find a location near you: https://t.co/0nx8ZaXQNq #VoteEarlyBoston https://t.co/Ru4Zm… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj 12:05:25 PM October 21, 2016 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook