Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: When Baby Sleeps Near Mom, Guess Who Doesn't Sleep Well? http://t.co/L9hBrzeerg 02:48:40 PM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @smarfdoc In case you are interested, the library just got a copy of Marion's"Soda Politic. It's on the new books shelf on the 4th floor :-) 12:31:56 PM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to smarfdoc ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In case you didn't hear it: Parke Wilde on NPR Via @NPR: Why Does Government Act As Tax Collector For Agribusiness? http://t.co/ySkjNMHCC5 08:31:21 AM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Friedman student @allygallop telling us about her summer internship experience with @FoodMinds today: https://t.co/IbaI… 04:08:09 PM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts Institute for Innovation has released a new Seed Funding RFP! Learn more about it here: http://t.co/lKirbaJWIG 11:33:45 AM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: The new changes in medical billing, effective today, will affect science and you. Here's why you should care: http://t.co/BIoQI0… 09:26:34 AM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook