Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Ask Leo Episode Three | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/UUv7jnOmEp 09:03:32 AM August 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: What caused California's Napa Valley earthquake? http://t.co/vbg26OO17Z 10:25:58 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Book News: First Superman Comic Soars To $3.2 Million At Auction http://t.co/gGhzwIiyX6 10:21:05 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Welcome to our D18s, who are starting their orientation today! Can't wait to show you everything Tufts has to offer. 10:16:53 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: Being 'choosy' about eating is a common behavior for preschoolers. For tips and more information http://t.co/MwjoKeiXIj … 11:09:54 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 5th floor color printer is out of order this weekend. Please release color jobs to the 4th floor. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 10:12:56 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook