Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @lisagualtieri: Lego person from @datatorrent rests in @Misfit band while visiting https://t.co/VHQZHpvTbG. Next stop is #HIMSS16 https:… about 21 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check your enrollment status everyone! The MA primary approaches! https://t.co/FV2WnC8x1H about 23 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts Prof @samsommers writes in @BostonGlobe: "Would you pay $15k to have Gronk at your barbecue?" https://t.co/7c15b… about 24 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Bonus: many serve breakfast well after 12pm! Where to find 10 perfect breakfasts in Boston https://t.co/PYwDJprmLK via @BostonGlobe about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GreenTufts: Sign up for a farm share from @EnterpriseFarm -- weekly deliveries start in June https://t.co/NOofMXNQiL #csa #local https:… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GinnLibrary: We are happy to be hosting our first Intro to Cash Analysis workshop today in the new #mugarlab. Attending? Let us know yo… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook