Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Happy #TeacherAppreciationDay! Go out there and celebrate your favorite science teachers! https://t.co/wmrWuBwE8n about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Nearly one-third of antibiotics are prescribed unnecessarily, study finds https://t.co/i9LyjeXopo https://t.co/epC3nF3Lju about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MayoClinic: .@stephfaubionmd releases new book on #menopause, #hotflashes, sleeping, weight control, happiness https://t.co/lidfH7HOgY… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Today is #WorldAsthmaDay. If you have asthma, control it with an Asthma Action Plan: https://t.co/5gTfQJ0Od6 https://t.co/… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciencemagazine: The makeup of your microbiome is affected by your medication, your age, and even your chocolate consumption: https://t… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FDA_Drug_Info: FDA approves first drug to treat hallucinations & delusions associated with Parkinson’s: https://t.co/jqlGwjgucz. https:… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook