Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Friedman School graduate John Stoddard is co-founder of Higher Ground, Boston's first commercial farm on a rootop. http… about 3 minutes ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- T-minus 5 hours until Paws for People from @tuftsvet arrives! They'll be here from 3:30-5pm in Sackler 507 about 1 hour ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: Curious about the nutrients in favorite recipes? SuperTracker’s My Recipe feature shows how to create healthier meals ht… about 21 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling Stressed? Then Meet Some Pets this Thursday Afternoon from 3:30-5pm in Sackler 507! http://t.co/Vtv7kRG2RX 10:43:05 AM April 23, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting...and pretty gross RT @NPRHealth Dirty Money: A Microbial Jungle Thrives In Your Wallet http://t.co/toAneMuy6j 10:24:39 AM April 23, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Speaking of bikes... RT @TuftsUniversity Faculty, students to bike 100 miles around campuses: http://t.co/5FrWhwd74O via @TuftsDaily 03:23:18 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook