Dr. Charles B. Millstein, D62, recently wrote an article appearing in the Winter 2013 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society. The cover-story gives a historical overview of the many local impacts of the Gies Report, published in 1926 and reporting on a four-year survey of dental education in the United States and Canada. One of the impacts was the forming of the graduate teaching program at the University of Rochester, where six deans of Dental Medicine at Tufts earned their degrees.
Dr. Millstein is a 1962 graduate of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, serves on the Dental Alumni Executive Council, is an Assistant Clinical Professor, the historian of the Massachusetts Dental Society, and a practicing endodontist in Cambridge, MA.
You can read the full article by stopping by the 4th floor of the library and picking up the Winter 2013 issue!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: Elevated bladder cancer risk in New England & arsenic in drinking water from private wells: https://t.co/kEBiZzTRUI https://t.c… about 15 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsfootball: We had a great time on #EarthDay helping @MysticMyRWA clean up this weekend! #champsinthecommunity @TuftsAthletics https… about 17 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SparkPeople: Eggs are Egg-cellent https://t.co/55gWJ8yvXL about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Teeth_Matter: Why in heaven's name aren't teeth considered part of our health? A provocative article at @AlterNet https://t.co/vxThaC6t… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- South Dakota Wrongly Puts Thousands in Nursing Homes, Government Says https://t.co/saVGz9h1KS about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The women's basketball team was recognized by the city of #Somerville for their outstanding season cc: @TuftsWbball ht… about 19 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook