Everyone here at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to welcome the new medical class of 2020! We look forward to meeting you at library orientation today, August 9th, where you’ll get the chance to learn more about the library and all the resources that are available to you. (We’ve had a few renovations since the photo above was taken in 1907).
Your pre-clinical liaison librarian is Stephen Gabrielson, so don’t hesitate to contact him if you have any questions or need any library help!
Do you have a lot to say? Passionate about a topic in medicine or dentistry? Have you supported or conducted interesting research? Then you should consider publishing an article! Publishing can boost your resume and your reputation. Many student-focused journals exist for you to submit your work.
- The Medical Student Press Journal
- The Medical Student Research Journal
- The Medical Student International
- The Student Doctor Network
TUSM students in the Competency-Based Apprenticeship in Primary Care program recently put a suite of selected apps and mobilized websites into a folder on their smartphones.
Course directors Wayne Altman, MD, and Sarah Rosenberg-Scott, MD, introduced Mobile Medicards and discussed the usefulness of their top five tools for information at the point of care. Librarian Berika Williams created a presentation on how to install apps for DynaMed, STAT!Ref, Epocrates, the Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research’s Electronic Preventive Services Selector, and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine’s SHOTs.
Our CAP Apps & Links Guide gives instructions on how to access these resources and various calculators, drug resources, evidence-based compendia, and textbooks. We trust that these resources will enable our students to share their research with their preceptors and seem brighter than ever. Contact us if you need an access code or help installing any of our licensed resources on your mobile device. We look forward to hearing feedback on your favorite apps and mobile links.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @BtfdLibrary: Grab your #cowbell and get ready to #FollowALibrary on September 30! https://t.co/krL8wryUsI about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check out our October Open Workshops! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/CNNQNxIYdi about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: New article series accelerates evidence into practice...Introducing Rapid Recommendations! https://t.co/OBxBNZJiTw https://… about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your daily dose of interesting malaria news! https://t.co/JU3gWrQ2fL about 16 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My favorite creature (and maybe yours?)- Tardigrades Have the Right Stuff to Resist Radiation https://t.co/33nBUlLOmb 12:55:41 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ants Pick Morphine Over Sugar https://t.co/fFLYgsKLwF 12:54:31 PM September 28, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook