Finishing up our month of honoring African-American Tufts graduates is a 1962 graduate who has gone on to be a leader in medical education and promoting minority opportunities in the field.
Donald E. Wilson (M’62, H’08) is Director of the Program in Minority Health and Health Disparities Education and Research, former Dean, and Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland School Of Medicine. Among Dr. Wilson’s many accomplishments, his becoming Dean of University of Maryland School Of Medicine is especially significant, as he became the nation’s first African-American dean at a predominantly white medical school. Dr. Wilson, “increased the diversity of the student body and quadrupled the number of minority faculty” during his tenure as dean. According to Dr. Wilson, “All I did is level the playing field. All of a sudden, we started finding more qualified people of color.”
Image: Howard University News Room accessed February 26, 2013 from http://www.howard.edu/newsroom/releases/2009/091016wilson.htm
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Psychology Is Not in Crisis http://t.co/EOffFh8zMr 08:21:23 AM September 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @wgbh: Watch two talks from the great writer and neurologist #OliverSacks, presented by the @ForumNetwork: http://t.co/lHE35t8RX1 02:03:40 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ginakolata: Cholesterol dilemma with new drugs. http://t.co/Fr1JNJ3O18 01:21:58 PM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Summer of Science | How Often Is B.M.I. Misleading? | http://t.co/trLSbOgEbG http://t.co/zfWBKOiMOp 09:32:45 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks: Via @NPR: Oliver Sacks Was A Boundless Explorer Of The Human Brain http://t.co/G0LvTiVtmp 08:49:18 AM August 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Many Psychology Findings Not as Strong as Claimed, Study Says http://t.co/eKoSaKazmn 09:10:00 AM August 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook