The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @USDANutrition: Curious about the nutrients in favorite recipes? SuperTracker’s My Recipe feature shows how to create healthier meals ht… about 10 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Feeling Stressed? Then Meet Some Pets this Thursday Afternoon from 3:30-5pm in Sackler 507! http://t.co/Vtv7kRG2RX about 14 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting...and pretty gross RT @NPRHealth Dirty Money: A Microbial Jungle Thrives In Your Wallet http://t.co/toAneMuy6j about 15 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Speaking of bikes... RT @TuftsUniversity Faculty, students to bike 100 miles around campuses: http://t.co/5FrWhwd74O via @TuftsDaily 03:23:18 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @tuftsctsi: Dr. Blanton of @TuftsMedSchool says nowhere in medical training are you taught how to come up with scientific project's budg… 12:55:30 PM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No need to wait at the pharmacy for this Rx! New program lets #BMC doctors #prescribeabike to help fight obesity http://t.co/y2XNR1ukPE 10:45:56 AM April 22, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook