The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @AmerDentalAssn: Finding a job in #dentistry: https://t.co/R4wbdoXQoe #oldpost https://t.co/3J0APeGP5V about 22 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FletcherSchool: How can genomic medicine be an international collaboration? Dr. @eric_lander to share insights on 1/26. Details: https:… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ever wonder what is lurking in the dark alcove behind the library service desk? | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/iGDCpYTHVC about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsTechnology: Double down on securing your identity & data with two-factor Authentication (2FA). Become an early adopter! https://t… about 22 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bmj_latest: "Celebrity based medicine may be fact-free." @mgtmccartney on how well intentioned stories urging action may harm https://t… about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: It’s National Meat Month! Celebrate by cooking your meat & poultry to a safe internal temp! #FoodSafety https://t.co/ie… 01:59:10 PM January 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook