Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and what better way way to celebrate than to read up on the greatest of drugs – love? Once thought to be ruled by the heart, much research has been done to show that the brain is truly responsible for seeking, attaining and keeping an object of desire.
Perhaps Cupid’s real name is Dr. Helen Fisher, a researcher at Rutgers University and author of two books on the brain science behind attraction and love.
Two online summaries of her research can be found here:
Or, if you are a fan of TED Talks, here’s her 2008 presentation:
The Tufts Libraries also hold a handful of books on the topic. Remember, requests from Tisch Library are free and can be made directly through the catalog. Call or stop by the desk if you need help!
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating
- Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love
Speaking of the “love drug,” stop by the 4th floor desk for some chocolate tomorrow! Chocolate contains caffeine (which increases the output of feel-good serotonin) and phenethylamine (which triggers the release of endorphins).
So, if you aren’t in love, you can at least fake it with some chocolate, and if you are in love… keep riding the high!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Learn how #NewEngland #weather affects your #health from @TuftsCTSI PhDcandidate Nira Hadar. SK114E Tomorrow@ 12:30pm http://t.co/BMmkYCOKbk about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TuftsMedSchool @tuftsctsi @TuftsDental @JMHNRCA Read library licensed journal articles on your tablet w/BrowZine http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to TuftsMedSchool ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We're ready to tackle the @TuftsOOS #GreenOfficeCertification Challenge! Our office is good at being green, but we're aiming for platinum! about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Tomato season is upon us. If their juicy taste alone doesn't tempt you, read about their myriad health benefits http://… about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BrowZine now Available: View Journals Directly from your Tablet! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fQgshwWab3 about 9 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOPD: RT @NIHgrants: ICYMI #NIH RT @RockTalking: Myth busting again! NIH MultiPI applications do as well as single PI http://t.co/… 04:17:11 PM July 21, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook