Dog On It is a hugely entertaining book about two private detectives one of whom is a dog. Meet the storyâ€™s narrator Chet, a K9 school drop-out rescued by Bernie Little owner of the Little Detective Agency. Chet will tell you that he almost made it through his final test at the police academy but something happened â€“ something he is a little fuzzy on except there may have been a cat involved. Thatâ€™s OK though because now Chet helps Bernie nab all kinds of â€śperpsâ€ť. The plot involves a missing teen named Madison. Bernie, recently divorced and currently a little down on his luck, tells Madisonâ€™s frantic mother that they will take the case and find her daughter.
All dog lovers will recognize Chet who adores his partner unconditionally, who knows how to find happiness from the all little things in life and who will always find the Cheerios that have spilled under the kitchen table. Chetâ€™s attempts to try and puzzle out the meanings of various â€śhumanâ€ť expressions and following his stream of consciousness as thoughts come and go are often hilarious.
This is the first book in the series by Cape Cod author Spencer Quinn and it is a delight to read.
Review by JoAnne Griffin
Some new leisure reading books have arrived and are now available on Sackler 4th floor. We’ve got drama, comedy, action, and more! Maybe you’ll find some great weekend or beach reading?
Have you read a great book lately and feel the library should own it? Give us a shout by filling out this book recommendation form!Â
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Diets may seem harmless, but they actually do a lot of collateral damage." Here's why: http://t.co/4edQHQ2to0 about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Morning Light Exposure Tied To Lower Weight http://t.co/XtUv44rYee about 16 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have a Great Long Weekend! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9FF4Tz0PfH about 18 hours ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @GlobalEcoGuy: Looking forward to being on @scifri this week with @iraflatow, talking about feeding the world and climate change, 12:14:53 PM April 17, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook