The library has recently acquired a new journal, Nature Reviews Disease Primers, which you can now access electronically through the catalog. Here’s some information about this resource from the publisher’s website:
“Each Primer provides a global overview of the field and outlines key open research questions. Primers have a modular structure, covering epidemiology; disease mechanisms; diagnosis, screening and prevention; management; and quality of life.
Authored by an international panel of academic scientists, translational researchers and clinicians, new Primers are published every week.”
Happy reading and researching!
Taking the dental boards this summer? Get up to speed with Board Vitals!
The Hirsh Library has recently licensed a study tool for Parts I & II of the National Dental Board Examination. Its question bank is comprised of questions with answers (this many) in the following sections:
- Anatomy, Embryology & Histology (199)
- Biochemistry (110)
- Dental Anatomy & Occlusion (247)
- Microbiology (103)
- Pathology (131)
- Physiology (123)
- Endodontics (97)
- Operative Dentistry (154)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/Pain Control (158)
- Oral Diagnosis (137)
- Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry (171)
- Patient Management, Behavioral Science, Dental Public Health & Occupational Safety (85)
- Periodontics (63)
- Pharmacology (120)
- Prosthodontics (103)
- Select categories or specialties to cover
- Set a timer (or not)
- Display questions randomly or ranked by question difficulty.
- If your answer is incorrect, you can guess again until you click Show Explanation.
- Your account will keep track of your scores for each category, so you can focus on your weaknesses.
- You can search for questions by keywords.
- You can flag and rank questions for further study.
- Its explanations refer to chapters in textbooks we license or hold, so you can study in more depth.
- Its Exam Review shows the explanation, your answer, the correct answer, and the percentage of exam takers who got each question right.
- Go to http://www.boardvitals.com/
- Click Sign Up and register with your Tufts email.
- Check your email for its activation link.
- Board Vitals should launch with Go buttons for NBDE I & II above trials you can ignore.
Faculty may request administrative accounts by contacting elizabeth . richardson @ tufts . edu. Elizabeth Richardson will also be presenting this resource to D’18 students at the Board Review session this Friday, 5/8/15, at 12pm in Merritt Auditorium.
Have a question about the Boston campus or library? Try searching our new collection of frequently asked questions!
Browse by topic to see all questions and answers related to that category, or type a question in the box. The system will automatically try to map you to a Q&A pair if it has already been asked and answered.
If your question does not already exist, you will be presented with a submission form. A librarian will receive your question via email and answer as soon as possible, but please keep in mind that it is not an immediate response.
You can always chat, call or visit us at the library if you require immediate assistance.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library as we say goodbye to MD Consult on February 28th and welcome the next generation of searching with ClinicalKey today!
Want a smarter search with faster answers to all your clinical questions? Try Elsevier Publishing’s newest database, ClinicalKey. It brings you access to the largest collection of published medical resources in every medical and surgical specialty, allowing you to search all of them in one place.
ClinicalKey offers continually updated medical information through over 500 journals, over 1000 textbooks, “First Consult” point-of-care clinical consults, “Procedures Consult,” drug monographs from Clinical Pharmacology, over 13,000 medical and surgical videos, millions of images, and over 2,000 practice guidelines.
You can use Clinical Key through the library here: http://bit.ly/PckZ0B We would love to hear your feedback.
Interested in how Clinical Key works? Check out this ClinicalKey Guided Tour and contact the Library Service Desk!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @nytimeswell: Should the Food Industry Sneak Vegetables Into Food? https://t.co/UZ8BhdsTiq about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - US life expectancy declines for first time in 20 years https://t.co/jrCoGOLXY5 about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- LED technology from MIT to be used by startup working on Alzheimer’s treatment https://t.co/iFhz8P6XTG via @BostonGlobe 03:51:44 PM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Even a Cigarette a Day Is Bad for Your Health https://t.co/eTDSJr0N1r 02:57:59 PM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: House Ag Committee SNAP report just out. Bland. Whew. https://t.co/ITnotDEjvc 08:51:00 AM December 07, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us at the intersection of craft and snack...make a gingerbread house! 12/8 + 12/9 at 12pm | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/QMBX8AaqVx 03:34:28 PM December 06, 2016 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook