The library has recently acquired a new journal, Nature Reviews Disease Primers, which you can now access electronically through the catalog. Here’s some information about this resource from the publisher’s website:
“Each Primer provides a global overview of the field and outlines key open research questions. Primers have a modular structure, covering epidemiology; disease mechanisms; diagnosis, screening and prevention; management; and quality of life.
Authored by an international panel of academic scientists, translational researchers and clinicians, new Primers are published every week.”
Happy reading and researching!
Taking the dental boards this summer? Get up to speed with Board Vitals!
The Hirsh Library has recently licensed a study tool for Parts I & II of the National Dental Board Examination. Its question bank is comprised of questions with answers (this many) in the following sections:
- Anatomy, Embryology & Histology (199)
- Biochemistry (110)
- Dental Anatomy & Occlusion (247)
- Microbiology (103)
- Pathology (131)
- Physiology (123)
- Endodontics (97)
- Operative Dentistry (154)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/Pain Control (158)
- Oral Diagnosis (137)
- Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry (171)
- Patient Management, Behavioral Science, Dental Public Health & Occupational Safety (85)
- Periodontics (63)
- Pharmacology (120)
- Prosthodontics (103)
- Select categories or specialties to cover
- Set a timer (or not)
- Display questions randomly or ranked by question difficulty.
- If your answer is incorrect, you can guess again until you click Show Explanation.
- Your account will keep track of your scores for each category, so you can focus on your weaknesses.
- You can search for questions by keywords.
- You can flag and rank questions for further study.
- Its explanations refer to chapters in textbooks we license or hold, so you can study in more depth.
- Its Exam Review shows the explanation, your answer, the correct answer, and the percentage of exam takers who got each question right.
- Go to http://www.boardvitals.com/
- Click Sign Up and register with your Tufts email.
- Check your email for its activation link.
- Board Vitals should launch with Go buttons for NBDE I & II above trials you can ignore.
Faculty may request administrative accounts by contacting elizabeth . richardson @ tufts . edu. Elizabeth Richardson will also be presenting this resource to D’18 students at the Board Review session this Friday, 5/8/15, at 12pm in Merritt Auditorium.
Have a question about the Boston campus or library? Try searching our new collection of frequently asked questions!
Browse by topic to see all questions and answers related to that category, or type a question in the box. The system will automatically try to map you to a Q&A pair if it has already been asked and answered.
If your question does not already exist, you will be presented with a submission form. A librarian will receive your question via email and answer as soon as possible, but please keep in mind that it is not an immediate response.
You can always chat, call or visit us at the library if you require immediate assistance.
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library as we say goodbye to MD Consult on February 28th and welcome the next generation of searching with ClinicalKey today!
Want a smarter search with faster answers to all your clinical questions? Try Elsevier Publishing’s newest database, ClinicalKey. It brings you access to the largest collection of published medical resources in every medical and surgical specialty, allowing you to search all of them in one place.
ClinicalKey offers continually updated medical information through over 500 journals, over 1000 textbooks, “First Consult” point-of-care clinical consults, “Procedures Consult,” drug monographs from Clinical Pharmacology, over 13,000 medical and surgical videos, millions of images, and over 2,000 practice guidelines.
You can use Clinical Key through the library here: http://bit.ly/PckZ0B We would love to hear your feedback.
Interested in how Clinical Key works? Check out this ClinicalKey Guided Tour and contact the Library Service Desk!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- New database from @AHRQNews tracks hospital readmission rates. Learn more: https://t.co/SvHM9VfdtV 09:47:52 AM November 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8tyCEoiYf 03:41:04 PM November 24, 2015 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Alicia Romano shares her expertise in list of the 50 (new) healthiest foods of all time – with recipes! https://t.co/HE… 02:20:41 PM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Excellent, objective dissection of the evidence and controversies over dietary fats: https://t.co/8UXYujLHij @voxdotcom 11:44:05 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For years, the government told Americans to avoid fat. That was wrong. https://t.co/DUXrS5K26E via @voxdotcom 09:02:40 AM November 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Just a reminder that the dental school and clinics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 to celebrate Thank… 03:32:22 PM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook