After a prolonged illness, Jane Desforges, MD passed away on September 7th.
Dr. Desforges spent much of her career at Tufts Medical School and Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Deforges was one of five women to graduate from TUSM in 1945 and during her 60-year career was considered one of the nation’s leading academic hematologists. For over 30 years she was the associate editor of New England Journal of Medicine and received the TUSM’s Outstanding Teacher Award for thirteen consecutive years. Dr. Jane Desforges was an icon of American medicine and will be greatly missed. Her funeral will be held this coming Saturday.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Tufts' New Entry Sustainable Farming Project on WGBH News story on Nutrition Inequality http://t.co/YaAZscdvxy via @wgbhnews about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who Ultimately Controls Diet Guidelines? Industry. http://t.co/0D6tfdgUYM about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsFinAid: RT @ADEAAGR Application cycle now open for NIH Loan Repayment Program. Up to $70k for 2 year research commitment. http://t… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dcatufts: P.T. Barnum ain't got time for that. #archives #Tufts #DCA #Barnum #longletters http://t.co/OTXBobvde5 about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Estonia Wants to Collect the DNA of All Its Citizens http://t.co/7ma8IR42eL about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: If your smoke alarm is chirping, time to replace the battery and then test the alarm! #NFPA #FirePreventionWeek2015 about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook