The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright data databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: A diet high in potassium appears to protect teens from high blood pressure, while a low-salt diet had no effect. http://t.c… about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Feds Say It's Time To Cut Back On Fluoride In Drinking Water http://t.co/BzKJdtRJKs about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FeinsteinIntCen: Want to help in response to #NepalEarthquake? A primer on responsible giving, by @jeneambrose: http://t.co/4r2NB5yNT5 … about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Lancet: How can the governments support healthy food preferences? https://t.co/zrdioHKFEj via @TheLancet about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: Can you pass the ignorance test? See what you really know about the world: http://t.co/mBlKMFEFJc about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: For some seniors, cooking healthy food can be difficult or physically impossible. @InaJaffeNPR http://t.co/zmDoyOGN4y http://t… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook