Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The next #Tufts Century Ride will be September 21! Open to students, staff/faculty, alumni. Info & registration: http:… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WorldSciFest: The monstrously long oarfish is a wonder, yet little is known about it. From @scifri: http://t.co/muCu08N9Ur http://t.co/… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Shades Of The Middle Ages: The Plague Popped Up In China And Colorado http://t.co/GAvlGE8cOi about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Here's an overview of NCI's revamped clinical trials program, the National Clinical Trials Network #NCTN http://t.co/V2QQmKtUcD about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We collect a lot of stats at HHSL, so let's take a quick look back on the year with our numbers! http://t.co/cKHKlYf5hj about 18 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Find out about #hepatitis prevention, testing & treatment during @WHO chat on 28 July, 12-1pm CET. Ask your Qs now using #ThinkHep… about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook