Join us Thursday, March 13th at noon in Room 604 at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library for a book talk with food policy expert and Friedman faculty member, Parke Wilde, Ph.D. Dr. Wilde’s research areas, which include the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and food marketing to children, are at the heart of some the most debated issues in food politics today.
Dr. Wilde’s, Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction (Routledge/ Earthscan, 2013), is “…essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how our food system really works or to take action to change it” according to Marion Nestle (author of Food Politics and What to Eat). In addition, Dr. Wilde’s “U.S. Food Policy” blog (http://www.usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/) is an essential resource for up-to-date news and commentary on the current state of food politics in America.
Bring your lunch and enjoy cookies and coffee compliments of the library.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @MayoClinic: .@stephfaubionmd releases new book on #menopause, #hotflashes, sleeping, weight control, happiness https://t.co/lidfH7HOgY… about 9 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @medlineplus: Today is #WorldAsthmaDay. If you have asthma, control it with an Asthma Action Plan: https://t.co/5gTfQJ0Od6 https://t.co/… about 16 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciencemagazine: The makeup of your microbiome is affected by your medication, your age, and even your chocolate consumption: https://t… about 34 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FDA_Drug_Info: FDA approves first drug to treat hallucinations & delusions associated with Parkinson’s: https://t.co/jqlGwjgucz. https:… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WyattHornsby: Why is water so good for us? Here's a big reason why. #SaludTues @DeltaDentalCO @SaludToday https://t.co/oV8w4vhwZu about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNow: Books of the Year from Arts and Sciences - Our faculty are composing poetry and writing about environmental jus... https://t.… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook