Need to look something up while on rounds? Want a point of care resource to access on your mobile device, but are looking to explore something different from what you already know? Try BMJ Best Practice!
From the Best Practice website:
“In a single source we have combined the latest research evidence, guidelines and expert opinion – presented in a step-by-step approach, covering prevention, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Best Practice provides a second opinion in an instant, without the need for checking multiple resources. Its unique patient-focused approach represents a major new advancement in information delivery at the point of care
Best Practice is brought to you by the BMJ Evidence Centre– a division of the BMJ Group that is working to provide healthcare professionals with innovative new products and tools that make evidence useful in practice.”
Best Practice is easy to navigate, set up how you would conduct a clinical exam, and provides step-by-step diagnostic and treatment advice. The resource is evidence-based and all articles undergo a gold standard editorial process with peer review and multiple sign-offs before publication.
For instructions on how to download the BMJ Best Practice app, visit our Mobile Resources LibGuide. You can also access it online from our homepage in the Popular Links drop down menu!
ClinicalKey provides point-of-care information for the health professional on the go.
- Simply put a subject in the ClinicalKey search engine box.
- On the results page, look for the First Consult logo.
For example, when you search heart failure, you see the FirstConsult result right on top!
- FirstConsult allows you to see up-to-date information regarding diagnosis, treatment, and more. With easy to use side navigation to help you jump to jump relevant information quickly!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright crafts databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hirsh! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/z8tyCEoiYf about 8 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Alicia Romano shares her expertise in list of the 50 (new) healthiest foods of all time – with recipes! https://t.co/HE… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Dmozaffarian: Excellent, objective dissection of the evidence and controversies over dietary fats: https://t.co/8UXYujLHij @voxdotcom about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- For years, the government told Americans to avoid fat. That was wrong. https://t.co/DUXrS5K26E via @voxdotcom about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Just a reminder that the dental school and clinics will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 to celebrate Thank… 03:32:22 PM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: How do your Thanksgiving staples rate on @ewg's #FoodScores? Use these ratings to make better choices this holiday: htt… 10:18:40 AM November 23, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook