HHSL’s Collections Management Assistant, Kate Thornhill, gave a presentation Friday, May 31st with fellow Simmons library students on creating a digital library highlighting alumni scrapbooks from the Simmons College Archives.
The presentation was part of a full day conference at Rhode Island College’s James P. Adams Library called “Querying the Library: Digitization and its Impact.” The program included eight half-hour presentations, as well as discussion sessions, from New England area librarians and library graduate students.
“Planning Educational Outreach with Future Researchers” poster by Katie Houk, MLS
Congratulations to Research and Information Services Librarian, Katie Houk, and past employees Melissa Theroux and Tiffany Tawzer on their poster presentations this past Sunday at the National Medical Library Association Meeting in Boston. Their posters focused on planning outreach and instruction for future researchers on the Boston campus and improving the HHSL reserve collection. Great job ladies!
Melissa Theroux, MLIS, and Tiffany Tawzer, MLIS present their poster on improving the HHSL reserves collection
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Dental schools adopt strategy to combat opioid abuse https://t.co/1B9NEn6auv via @BostonGlobe about 13 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keep an eye on our brothers and sisters during this cold snap! https://t.co/i3pCXJK3mT about 17 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Consumers aren’t wild about genetic testing — nor are doctors https://t.co/nWfvc2A7WY via @statnews about 18 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did you know that we're hiring? Vacancy for a librarian in the R&I Department: https://t.co/xOzid2fIAB about 31 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: A mission to create new farmers: Read about @NewEntry's efforts via @yesmagazine: https://t.co/mP4cSr6PAG #newfarmers #… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRGoatsandSoda: The Risks (And Unexpected Benefits) Of Sending Health Students Abroad https://t.co/oRu17IML2c #STEGHs https://t.co/vZh… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook