The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- My favorite creature (and maybe yours?)- Tardigrades Have the Right Stuff to Resist Radiation https://t.co/33nBUlLOmb about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ants Pick Morphine Over Sugar https://t.co/fFLYgsKLwF about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - First 'three person baby' born using new method https://t.co/VFZIPkiqx7 about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Today is World #Rabies Day. Rabies is a vaccine-preventable viral disease, learn how we can #EndRabies https://t.co/gGybodMrCY htt… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's that time of year again! (GET YOUR FLU SHOT) https://t.co/5GbbHDV0Uk about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lorcanD: First recording of computer-generated music – created by Alan Turing – restored https://t.co/uDIRuuNqXY 09:26:20 AM September 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook