The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day PubMed resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- “Get Published! Tools for Managing your Writing” Open Workshop this Thursday 3/13 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FqSunGhD4r about 1 hour ago from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If you have any problems, make sure to come over to the desk on the 4th floor. We'll be here all day to give you a hand. about 21 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing seems to mostly be working again! The printers all have paper, all jams are cleared, and nothing's on fire. about 21 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's kind of spotty at the moment, so please bear with us as we get it up and running properly again. about 21 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In case you were wondering: no, we have not ruled out the possibility of printer ghosts. 08:07:12 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Printing's back! 07:54:14 PM March 06, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook