The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: The next #Tufts Century Ride will be September 21! Open to students, staff/faculty, alumni. Info & registration: http:… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WorldSciFest: The monstrously long oarfish is a wonder, yet little is known about it. From @scifri: http://t.co/muCu08N9Ur http://t.co/… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Shades Of The Middle Ages: The Plague Popped Up In China And Colorado http://t.co/GAvlGE8cOi about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Here's an overview of NCI's revamped clinical trials program, the National Clinical Trials Network #NCTN http://t.co/V2QQmKtUcD about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We collect a lot of stats at HHSL, so let's take a quick look back on the year with our numbers! http://t.co/cKHKlYf5hj about 10 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WHO: Find out about #hepatitis prevention, testing & treatment during @WHO chat on 28 July, 12-1pm CET. Ask your Qs now using #ThinkHep… about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook