The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Just delivered a cup of coffee to a busy student! Are you the next student? Only if you tweet #coffeeoncall in the next 10 minutes... about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee You're welcome! about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sleezyslee: @TuftsHHSL ya'll are legit. Ty! about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee On our way, Steven - see you in a few... about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How about a caffeine drink to help you think? Tweet #coffeeoncall and then check out this link: http://t.co/IBz5tlwRKB Happy studying! about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need one last boost for your final study session? Tweet #coffeeoncall at us until 4pm and we'll deliver coffee or cocoa to your study spot! about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook