The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @ADANews: ADA Board of Trustees votes to create national dental licensure exam - https://t.co/XcueHD0FP4 10:55:45 AM March 24, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Paging Dr. Fraud”: The Fake Publishers That Are Ruining Science https://t.co/qLdXAS2ysm via @alanburdick 03:48:32 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today in Library March Madness: Sweet 16 matchups continue w/ loaner laptop v dongle, whiteboard v printer & leisure reading v print book. 03:09:16 PM March 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsOVPR: Transforming medical culture one student at a time #TuftsStudents https://t.co/UolHFV0cTW 04:59:18 PM March 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Upcoming Extended Hours Weekends | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/ktiqfbopdr 12:47:15 PM March 22, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stanley Gershoff, Founding Dean of Nutrition School, at 92 https://t.co/ul6Du8i9in via @TuftsUniversity 10:54:50 AM March 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook