The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Happy Lunar New Year 恭贺新禧 | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Wp9v1Sy3bW about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Tufts University will remain open today. More details: https://t.co/8EAZZfmmp9 about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Read more about #Chinatown celebrations and the rich cultural heritage of our neighbors: https://t.co/SEZdQpNLGO https:… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hirsh Library is open for business! Come on in out of the cold! about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: The C.D.C. defended its advice to women on drinking and pregnancy https://t.co/xMvw32qBd4 about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I, for one, welcome our new plant overlords. https://t.co/4TwVKJT6nO about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook