The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review books circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @BostonGlobe: First IVF baby in US remembers Dr. Howard Jones, pioneering fertility doctor who died Friday http://t.co/tGrJ2vVubT about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: ICYMI: Cells from dental pulp could be used to treat macular degeneration. http://t.co/KupMfbBJDa #dental #research about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Recipe for a Library | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/6r6yW0CI8N 11:58:57 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: HNRCA scientists found that low-calorie cranberry juice increased antioxidant capacity in 10 healthy older adults: http://t.co… 11:54:45 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: ICYMI: Three Tufts alums were featured in @Forbes for their app, @CymbalFM: http://t.co/Ai8Xg62HCO 11:53:20 AM July 31, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome @TuftsDental Class of 2019! We're looking forward to meeting you all! 11:26:52 AM July 30, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook