The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DannyD_310: A little veggie chemistry for your weekend https://t.co/sfTdAK4oLY c/o @sciam 01:37:44 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: The right way to run. WATCH https://t.co/zMgl0HEPC1 @NYULMC #HealthWatch https://t.co/4c18d7lWYy 12:37:41 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook