The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Who Ultimately Controls Diet Guidelines? Industry. http://t.co/0D6tfdgUYM about 21 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsFinAid: RT @ADEAAGR Application cycle now open for NIH Loan Repayment Program. Up to $70k for 2 year research commitment. http://t… about 51 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dcatufts: P.T. Barnum ain't got time for that. #archives #Tufts #DCA #Barnum #longletters http://t.co/OTXBobvde5 about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Estonia Wants to Collect the DNA of All Its Citizens http://t.co/7ma8IR42eL about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HealthyBoston: If your smoke alarm is chirping, time to replace the battery and then test the alarm! #NFPA #FirePreventionWeek2015 about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Politico's the money behind the fight over the dietary guidelines, out from behind the paywall. http://t.co/LpaXOTDqbn about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook