The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @ThePhySoc: Many congrats to Abigayle Driscoll, the winner of #biobakes! Her winning entry is a set of lungs http://t.co/a40trz9kPj 01:54:46 PM October 17, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It looks like volunteering for Psych experiments as a way to get extra cash might become passe...ow.ly/CP822 @OpenBiome 03:41:23 PM October 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Heads up! Affiliation week is 10/19-10/25. More info: The Hirsh Library School Affiliation Survey | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/LhAavmrDV9 11:25:25 AM October 16, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: It’s #HealthLiteracy Month. 9 of 10 American adults report problems understanding health info. http://t.co/5BfIc9qigK 10:48:11 AM October 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Check out the Sharewood Silent Auction! Tufts' Sharewood Project offers healthcare to underserved of Greater Boston ht… 10:06:14 AM October 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: Your microbiome is the result of every decision you've ever made. http://t.co/vZU6jxwUke 01:15:17 PM October 15, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook