The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTScience: Many people dislike the sound of bagpipes (not us! honest!). But they can even be hazardous--to the bagpipers https://t.co/… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- HHSL Special Collections Room Project | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/EmQAVn4gV0 about 17 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ClevelandClinic: Do you live in an older home? If you answered 'yes,' your kids might be at risk for #lead poisoning: https://t.co/72wf… about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTScience: "You can’t build a wall or a net.” Miami confronts the arrival of Zika, and pregnant women are urged to stay away. https://… 03:34:07 PM August 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Psychology Professor Aniruddh Patel on @NPR's @drshow discussing how music can help patients recover: https://t.co/Ubk… 03:13:11 PM August 19, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Bright tomatoes ripening in Friedman's Student Garden. https://t.co/0i0Gsp89tu #urbangarden #schoolgarden https://t.co/… 02:16:21 PM August 19, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook