The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @scifri: Speaking of #TBT... why do we get nostalgic, anyway? https://t.co/SftDskKPT9 https://t.co/0ULAXPQIT6 about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDAFoodSafety: Margaritas & Salmonella don’t mix! Keep your #CincoDeMayo dishes safe by keeping hot foods hot & cold foods cold. https… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Olympians Shouldn’t Swim Through Sewage https://t.co/95KmDQtm34 about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDA: #ActonClimate: A look back on 7 years of historic #USDAResults → https://t.co/pfKi45JkY8 https://t.co/uajjAFXxno about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Room for Debate: Should Opioid Training for Doctors Be Mandatory? https://t.co/xKok8q0GzJ about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: U.S. To Ship Peanuts To Feed Haitian Kids. Aid Groups Say 'This Is Wrong' https://t.co/GC0MFN20dw about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook