¬†‚ÄúBut does it really work?‚ÄĚ ¬†In our sound-bite saturated news media, it‚Äôs difficult to discern which health studies demonstrate effectiveness and which studies do not. How do we know when medical news is evidence worth paying attention to – or – when it is just ‚Äėprint noise‚Äô?
PubMed Health is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that was designed to help consumers and clinicians answer the question, ‚Äúwhat works?‚ÄĚ PubMed Health ‚Äúspecializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.‚ÄĚ It provides information on how to assess the research results as well as how to read health news.
One of the most valuable features of PubMed Health is ‚ÄúBehind the Headlines,‚ÄĚ a joint project of the National Health Service and the U.S. National Library of Medicine. ‚ÄúBehind the Headlines‚ÄĚ evaluates current medical news for accuracy and also describes how medical news stories come to acquire their ‚Äúspin‚ÄĚ.
Check out PubMed Health ‚Äď it works!
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history alumni apps book review books book talk celebration circulation ClinicalKey Clinical Key conference congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook graduation HHSL holidays homepage hours Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access portals presentation publication resources social media staff technology toolkits TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Free coffee today at 7pm on Sackler 4. Study hard and good luck on exams! about 3 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Timothy Wise of @GDAEatTufts writes this post on food security in India: http://t.co/NXQl4Crqmm 04:39:45 PM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Lunch Discussion with @AMorrisSinger, President of Primary Care Progress: Thursday 12/12 at 12:00pm in Sackler 221 09:08:31 AM December 06, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BioMedCentral: Curry compound helps kill #cancer with the help of nanoparticles! http://t.co/vBiyYro62p (Here it is!) http://t.co/U2xGJ‚Ä¶ 07:37:18 AM December 06, 2013 from TweetCaster for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: New Center for Global Public Health for @TuftsMedSchool: http://t.co/op0xoeQM42 02:35:38 PM December 05, 2013 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Extended Library Service Desk Hours | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/nJLNwjCahh 12:52:12 PM December 05, 2013 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook