We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Hirsh has revamped their learning guides and put them in a new system. Need help finding databases to search, looking for tips on how to find reserve items, or need the PBL Toolbelts? We’ve got all this and more in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library Research Guides.
On the main page, you will see that guides created based on academic subjects are arranged in collapsible menus based on category. Expand the category of interest to see all the individual guides.
The “Other” tab contains guides related to general library resources, services and miscellaneous tutorials. It will be a great resource, so be sure to check them out as you visit to see the new guides as they are added!
All of the guides in the new system have similar coloring and layout, so you can easily identify if you are in a HHSL Research Guide. We’ve even already migrated over the PBL Toolbelts.
What do you think? Let us know at the desk, or by dropping us an email or phone call. Is there any topic you’d like covered in a guide?
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: When Baby Sleeps Near Mom, Guess Who Doesn't Sleep Well? http://t.co/L9hBrzeerg 02:48:40 PM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @smarfdoc In case you are interested, the library just got a copy of Marion's"Soda Politic. It's on the new books shelf on the 4th floor :-) 12:31:56 PM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client in reply to smarfdoc ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In case you didn't hear it: Parke Wilde on NPR Via @NPR: Why Does Government Act As Tax Collector For Agribusiness? http://t.co/ySkjNMHCC5 08:31:21 AM October 02, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsNutrition: Friedman student @allygallop telling us about her summer internship experience with @FoodMinds today: https://t.co/IbaI… 04:08:09 PM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tufts Institute for Innovation has released a new Seed Funding RFP! Learn more about it here: http://t.co/lKirbaJWIG 11:33:45 AM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: The new changes in medical billing, effective today, will affect science and you. Here's why you should care: http://t.co/BIoQI0… 09:26:34 AM October 01, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook