Now that the semester has begun, we expect to be seeing a lot of you at our Service Desk on the 4th floor of Sackler! Of course, we expect to be seeing a lot of everyone at the desk, which means that we have to ask you to be punctual about getting Reserve books, models, and equipment back to us when it’s due, so that your fellow students can have a shot at using them as well. To this end, we created a Late Return Policy and put it into effect a year ago.
The basic idea is that you have 4 hours with the material (unless otherwise stated). If you do not return the material within the designated time, then you run the risk of losing all borrowing privileges. On your first offense, they will be reinstated 24 hours after you return everything, but on the second offense it’s a full 7 days. If you’d like to read the full policy, you can do so here.
If you think you’ll need to keep your books or equipment longer, just come back to the desk and check with us! If no one else is waiting, we can most likely renew it for you, and give you another 4 hours.
If you have any questions about the policy (or about your current status), you can call us at 617-636-6706, or just come visit us on Sackler 4.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Experts from @TuftsNutrition have tips for how to stay hydrated on these hot summer days: https://t.co/zoqLPn2280 http… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Harvard: Quitting smoking during the second half of the menstrual cycle may help women kick the habit https://t.co/k6q7PR2aof https://t… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… 02:54:52 PM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q 11:59:54 AM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… 10:50:29 AM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook