Now that the semester has begun, we expect to be seeing a lot of you at our Service Desk on the 4th floor of Sackler! Of course, we expect to be seeing a lot of everyone at the desk, which means that we have to ask you to be punctual about getting Reserve books, models, and equipment back to us when it’s due, so that your fellow students can have a shot at using them as well. To this end, we created a Late Return Policy and put it into effect a year ago.
The basic idea is that you have 4 hours with the material (unless otherwise stated). If you do not return the material within the designated time, then you run the risk of losing all borrowing privileges. On your first offense, they will be reinstated 24 hours after you return everything, but on the second offense it’s a full 7 days. If you’d like to read the full policy, you can do so here.
If you think you’ll need to keep your books or equipment longer, just come back to the desk and check with us! If no one else is waiting, we can most likely renew it for you, and give you another 4 hours.
If you have any questions about the policy (or about your current status), you can call us at 617-636-6706, or just come visit us on Sackler 4.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Chase the chill away with a cup of tea! Join us for a study break on SK4 at 2:30pm today. https://t.co/GorbP5hVTT about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BookRiot: Find hidden gems in your library with this scavenger hunt for exploring the stacks! https://t.co/AoJalcGMNM https://t.co/W0I… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: Emotions of Everyday Living - watch films from the 1950s by the Mental Health Film Board https://t.co/Y7qUB1zu6s https://t.co… about 3 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A *little* obsessed with the NH Primary Yak that keeps popping up in the @wgbhnews feed. https://t.co/cao0647VlW about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Scientists Discover A Second Bacterium That Causes Lyme Disease https://t.co/f3eeHqJulU about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Former Engineering Dean Linda Abriola to be Director of Tufts Institute of the Environment: https://t.co/LFyQbM69aT ht… about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook