We’ve replaced our PubMed holdings icons with FindIt@Tufts buttons in order to more accurately reflect holdings of the Tufts Libraries. The FindIt@Tufts button appears on most of the other databases licensed by Tufts, and now appears on PubMed’s Abstract Display. (Figures 1 & 2)
The FindIt link will attempt to link to the full text of an article directly or via a link to a publisher’s page. When FindIt@Tufts cannot link directly to the full text, it takes you to what is known as a resolver page. (Figure 3) This page provides links to our e-Journal providers, shows relevant information if Tufts has any print holdings of the items, allows you to search for the Tufts Catalog record and also links to our document-delivery service ILLiad, which can obtain PDFs of articles Tufts does not own.
Publisher icons often appear next to the FindIt@Tufts button. These icons MIGHT take users on the Tufts network directly to the full text, but if Tufts does not license that publisher, then it will ask you to pay for the article. For those on the Tufts Medical Center network and all computers off-campus, FindIt@Tufts provides the best avenue to the full text.
If you run across a journal that only provides a link to search the Tufts Catalog by ISSN or Title (Figure 4), but you know or believe the library has access to it, please notify us at email@example.com so we can investigate the linking failure. We apologize for the inconvenience of this transition.
Reminder: You must always log into PubMed from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage if you are in Tufts Medical Center or Off-Campus. http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/ (Previous issues where PubMed was not asking you to log-in before use have been resolved.)
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Older Men Are Still Being Overtested for Prostate Cancer https://t.co/btrHa4KAls about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: MT @PublicHealth: New nutrition labels help Americans make informed decisions, says @US_FDA: https://t.co/Gs2J5u9Ldn https… 03:26:38 PM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: CDC: 157 Pregnant Women in the U. S. Have Tested Positive for Zika https://t.co/WpqYTdRzxQ 11:57:16 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exercise Tied to Lower Risk for 13 Types of Cancer https://t.co/bniQRFDXmO via @nytimeswell 11:33:48 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New food label! Congratulations Let’s Move! & FDA https://t.co/SDblML2clJ 08:58:59 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Does city life pose a risk to mental health? https://t.co/FkYDjkooqp By @DianaMKwon https://t.co/rCO8W9dEPk 08:44:20 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook