Currently viewing the tag: "shutdown"
Here are a few quick informational tidbits on how the government shutdown may affect you and your research:
- HNRCA is closed
- PubMed, Ovid, NIH Reporter, NCBI, the CDC, Agricola and other databases relying on government data are not being updated and are not able to respond to inquiries
- DOCLINE is down (no direct ordering of articles from PubMed/NLM)
- Data.gov and other non-essential websites are shut down, for accessing data, try Data Citation Index through Web of Knowledge
- Many government services are not being maintained or no longer allow access. Resources like PubMed are still running, but not being updated; and if hacked or broken, they may not be fixed in a timely manner. The libraries subscribe to many databases that provide access to the same information, but will be maintained and staffed since they are not government-run. For more on alternative resources to use in order to access government information, see the Tisch Library guide here: http://researchguides.library.tufts.edu/govshutdown
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- What Obese Patients Should Say to Doctors https://t.co/UGrMAX0OX4 about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's #BannedBooksWeek! What's your favorite #bannedbook? https://t.co/qGq3DxCnB0 about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: @NPR: Tufts MC's Dr. Harry Selker is trying to stop heart attacks in their tracks. @ArunRath https://t.co/BGsBaDTSL5 about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Becoming a doctor has taken a toll on my mental health https://t.co/eeguzXzw0Q https://t.co/Nh5ZeLI20X 03:26:38 PM September 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: Retiring: The doctor is in your house. https://t.co/1BcwoUHTV9 02:00:32 PM September 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: Album Review: Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Chapter & Verse’ tells a life story in song https://t.co/SlnXm5f4iB https://t.co/ENxetG… 01:59:50 PM September 23, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook