Got that seasonal craving for corned beef, but not in the mood for a boiled dinner? Try making a hash!
Substituting cauliflower for potatoes is a great way to cut down on carbs or to protect yourself from potato overload if, like me, you’re planning to eat a bunch of potatoes in another form (boxty anyone?).
The caramelized cauliflower compliments the saltiness of the corned beef and will add a number of great nutrients to your dish!
I use this recipe from I Breathe I’m Hungry as my guide, but like to improvise by throwing some leeks in as well.
Keep your eyes peeled on St. Patrick’s Day for the Battle of the Health Sciences Library Bands! We’ll be posting a video of a group of HHSL librarians playing and singing the Irish tune Rare Old Mountain Dew in competition with three other health sciences libraries:
- the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library from the University of Virginia
- the William H. Welch Library from Johns Hopkins
- the Lamar Soutter Library from UMass Worcester
Be sure to like our music video posted on our Facebook page on Monday, March 17th, to help Hirsh’s band – Jumbo Go Bragh – win!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPR: When scientific studies come to different conclusions, what should we think of as true? The latest from @HiddenBrain https://t.co/… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Postdocs are getting a pay raise, but many say it’s not enough https://t.co/7XhSiWF4LJ https://t.co/QgqBAC88ji about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Walkable Neighborhoods Cut Obesity and Diabetes Rates https://t.co/GfKaMxNSn5 via @nytimeswell about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Doctor Yearns For Return To Time When Physicians Were 'Artisans' https://t.co/iKEGO7eRCC about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @statnews: Cash prizes for pharma are needed to fight superbugs, says @pharmalot https://t.co/dJI4AaDKiV https://t.co/T3pIu80TUA about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @marionnestle: Does glyphosate (Roundup) cause cancer? https://t.co/JupVboqi5G about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook