Got that seasonal craving for corned beef, but not in the mood for a boiled dinner? Try making a hash!
Substituting cauliflower for potatoes is a great way to cut down on carbs or to protect yourself from potato overload if, like me, you’re planning to eat a bunch of potatoes in another form (boxty anyone?).
The caramelized cauliflower compliments the saltiness of the corned beef and will add a number of great nutrients to your dish!
I use this recipe from I Breathe I’m Hungry as my guide, but like to improvise by throwing some leeks in as well.
Keep your eyes peeled on St. Patrick’s Day for the Battle of the Health Sciences Library Bands! We’ll be posting a video of a group of HHSL librarians playing and singing the Irish tune Rare Old Mountain Dew in competition with three other health sciences libraries:
- the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library from the University of Virginia
- the William H. Welch Library from Johns Hopkins
- the Lamar Soutter Library from UMass Worcester
Be sure to like our music video posted on our Facebook page on Monday, March 17th, to help Hirsh’s band – Jumbo Go Bragh – win!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Experts from @TuftsNutrition have tips for how to stay hydrated on these hot summer days: https://t.co/zoqLPn2280 http… about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Harvard: Quitting smoking during the second half of the menstrual cycle may help women kick the habit https://t.co/k6q7PR2aof https://t… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Asst. Prof. Pei-Jung Lin finds 1 in 10 Alzheimer's patients at risk for avoidable hospital stays: https://t.co/sUyVPnkI… 02:54:52 PM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvardChanSPH: Making it easier to calculate the costs—and benefits—of immunization https://t.co/OFC3M87Uf1 https://t.co/GtwCDmN05q 11:59:54 AM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: “A population eating less meat than we eat now would, generally, feed more people,” Tufts' Christian Peters: https://t… 10:50:29 AM July 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Sunburns and even suntans may increase your chance of skin cancer. How to protect your skin: https://t.co/CK5kp2YLNx https://t.… 02:43:22 PM July 22, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook