April 17-23 is National Spring Stress Less Week! Take a moment to breathe deep, go for a stroll, do some stretches, or play a game (donâ€™t forget, we have some at the Library Service Desk!).
We know that this time of year can be overwhelming, soÂ Hirsh Library is here to help!
We’re hosting a study break on Wednesday, 4/20 at 2:30pm. Stretch your legs and head down to the desk to enjoy a cup of tea and a snack. We’ll also have this giant roll of bubble wrap available so you can pop your frustrations away:
In addition, the Wellness Advisor is hosting three great events that you’ll want to check out:
Benefits of Meditation:Â Wednesday, 4/20 from 2-4pm in Sackler 114
Learn about the benefits of meditation and practiceÂ some techniques with Dr. Christina Pastan
Scream for Ice Cream and Therapy Dogs:Â Thursday, 4/21 from 2:30-4:30pm inÂ the Jaharis Courtyard
Take an ice cream break and relax with some canine companions
Wellness Advisor Drop-In:Â Friday, 4/22Â at 2:30pm in the alcove with the black couches on SK4
Take a study break and enjoy some healthy snacks, coffee or tea, and a chat with the Wellness Advisor
Don’t have time to attend any of the events? Create your own study break! We’ll have origami paper and some relaxing coloring pages available down at the Library Service Desk all week.
Between 3pm and 5pm this Thursday 4/23, HHSL will be welcoming some very special guests: Tufts Paws for People!
Boo, Albert, Koda, and RavenÂ will be here toÂ cure your stress with their cuteness! Join them in 507 for an adorable study break.
It’s National Stress Awareness Month!
Take a moment to breathe deep, go for a stroll, do some stretches, or play a game (donâ€™t forget, we have some at the Library Service Desk!).
You could also do this, but we donâ€™t recommend it:
Here at Hirsh Library, weâ€™ll have some activities throughout the month to help you de-stress, so stay tuned!Â In the meantime, check out some of the stress-reduction and relaxation tools up on theÂ Tuftsâ€™ Counseling & Mental Health Services website.
The Hirsh Library is excited to be working with Paws 4 People from Tufts’ Grafton Campus to bring Â some cute, cuddly canines to help you de-stress.
Boo, Jett, Shinto and Bear will be available for cuddles in Room 507 from 3:30-5pm this Thursday, April 24th. See you there!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @Reuters_Health: Dr. Heimlich had to use his namesake maneuver for the first time this week - aged 92. https://t.co/tnfBVl4e87 https://tâ€¦ 02:37:43 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Zika crisis: Rio Olympics 'should be moved or postponed' https://t.co/rQ4FCaQoHd 02:04:22 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Is Virginia Health Insurer's Decision To Drop Bronze Plans An Omen? https://t.co/h8FPmhZ6nn 01:21:02 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Major US study links cellphone exposure to cancer â€” at least in rats https://t.co/oZ8IvFiTrx via @statnews 09:12:48 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CVS MinuteClinics: A Cure For Long Wait Times At Veterans Affairs? https://t.co/mbbnm1G8OX via @khnews 08:40:46 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Infection Raises Specter of Superbugs Resistant to All Antibiotics https://t.co/LEFCTz4akv 08:16:04 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook