We did it! It finally seems safe to say that winter is over and it’s time to enjoy sunshine and warm temperatures. Now that you’ve packed away your sweaters, it’s also time to brush up on sun safety. While sunlight helps us produce much-needed Vitamin D3, sun exposure also increases the risk of developing skin cancer.
Here are three quick and easy ways to refresh your knowledge!
1. The American Cancer Society has a rather onomatopoeic slogan to help you remember four key ways to enjoy the sun safely:
Slip! Slap! Slop!® and Wrap
Slip on a shirt Slop on sunscreen Slap on a hat
Wrap on sunglasses to protect your eyes and sensitive skin around them
2. Not sure what sunscreen to buy? Check out EWG’s 2015 Guide to Sunscreens to learn what to look for in a sunscreen and to see the effectiveness of different brands.
3. For more sun safety tips, you can also check out our infographic-filled post from last year.
It is finally summer and I am convinced the weather will get hot at some point. However, we all need to make sure that we, and our loved-ones, know the dangers of UV radiation and play it smart when we are enjoying being outside all summer and fall. You can use the following infographics to teach your friends and family to be safe in the sun!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @marionnestle: Politico's the money behind the fight over the dietary guidelines, out from behind the paywall. http://t.co/LpaXOTDqbn about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Author and @TuftsMedSchool faculty @aliabucci with her new book! http://t.co/3KplOj3Kp9 about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aliabucci: @TuftsHHSL shows off @TuftsMedSchool faculty publications, including my book on #alzheimersdisease! http://t.co/ePhs0IjFmx about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: VIDEO: Incredible story of Tufts MC NICU staffer who has fostered & adopted babies born w/narcotic addiction. @WGBH ht… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Scientists Grow Primitive Human Kidneys In A Dish http://t.co/YkeaezJolR about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NobelPrize: BREAKING NEWS The 2015 #NobelPrize in Chemistry is awarded to Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar: http://t.co/mlgE… about 2 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook