Have you heard about Google Glass?
The newest innovation from Google allows you to record, photograph, and view your world – hands free. You can share what you are seeing and experiencing in real time.
Timothy Aungst, PharmD recently shared his ideas about Google Glass and healthcare for iMedicalApps. One scenario is the ability for first responders to live stream from the scene of an accident to the Emergency Department so they can determine the status and trauma of the patient and prepare for their arrival. Read more innovative ideas in the iMedicalApps post.
Have you noticed the new SHARP digital whiteboard in Sackler 502?
By plugging a thumb drive into the USB port on the wall, you can pull up documents, PDFs or presentations and easily add notes and highlighting. Use your fingers to underline, make diagrams and highlight key points during group study sessions and save the modifications back to your USB drive to review later. Here’s a brief demo video to introduce you to the board and its capabilities.
InfoComm 2011: Sharp Electronic Demos Its Digital Interactive Whiteboard by RaVe Producitons, via their YouTube channel
And if you’re not sure you understand how to use it, don’t worry! The instructions are posted on the wall to the right of the screen. The Library IT Service Desk is also available to contact Educational Media should problems arise.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff statistics technology TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Congrats to the @TuftsDental Student National Dental Association! They won Small Chapter of the Year at the SNDA Convention in New Orleans! about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- See what our summer intern has to say abt working w/HHSL! Brief Reflections of a Library Intern by June Thammasnong http://t.co/zsqKBCqLup about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Fistbumps may be good for your health! They transfer fewer germs than handshakes, says new study VIA @ReutersHealth http://t.co/swqF105S5g 01:08:12 PM July 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Your favorite skeleton is back with the answers to your #library questions in #AskLeo Ep.2 | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/doMTZOqvLS 10:28:03 AM July 29, 2014 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @dentalhealthorg: Morning tip: Chew sugar-free gum after eating. This helps your mouth to make more saliva and fights the acids that for… 09:48:13 AM July 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @cdchep: TODAY is #WorldHepatitisDay! Help raise awareness of #hepatitis & its prevention, control & treatment http… 03:45:27 PM July 28, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook