Schoolwork stressing you out? Got the winter blues? Hirsh Library and the Student Advisory & Health Administration Office (SAHA) are here to help! We love you and know you’re working hard, so we’re joining forces to bring you a week filled with fun activities to help you de-stress.
Here are the events in the library:
Tuesday 2/9, 2:30pm
Library Study Break: Afternoon Tea
Take a study break and join us on Sackler 4 for tea and treats
Thursday 2/11 and Friday 2/12, 12pm
Library Fun Lab: Valentine’s Crafts
Drop-in and make a valentine! We’ll have a variety of supplies out so you can craft something to show your love or appreciation for a friend, family member, or that special someone (your favorite librarian, perhaps?).
Keep an eye out for SAHA’s events on Wednesday and Friday:
Wednesday 2/10, All Day
Kisses and Inspiration
The Student Wellness Advisor will be roaming around campus delivering sweets and encouragement
Friday 2/12, 2pm
Unconditional Love from Furry Friends
Come to Sackler 114 and unwind before the holiday weekend with therapy dogs, healthy snacks, and a chocolate fountain!
Hirsh Health Library will be having extended hours for the next two upcoming weekends! This means that on April 25th & 26th, as well as May 2nd & 3rd, the desk on the 4th floor will be open 10am – 10pm, so you can check things out earlier and keep them later!
But wait: there’s more! Sackler will stay open until 2am on both Saturdays – April 25th and May 2nd – so you can stay and study even later.
Oh, and one last thing: FREE COFFEE! On both Sundays – April 26th and May 3rd – there will be free coffee available on Sackler 4 after the cafe closes up at 7 pm.
So there you have it. Longer desk hours, longer building hours, and free coffee. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to swing by the desk or call us at 617-636-6706.
And don’t forget: If you’re free and in Sackler today, we will have therapy puppies from 3 pm – 5 pm in room 507. So drop by and say hi to them as well!
Between 3pm and 5pm this Thursday 4/23, HHSL will be welcoming some very special guests: Tufts Paws for People!
Boo, Albert, Koda, and Raven will be here to cure your stress with their cuteness! Join them in 507 for an adorable study break.
It’s National Stress Awareness Month!
Take a moment to breathe deep, go for a stroll, do some stretches, or play a game (don’t forget, we have some at the Library Service Desk!).
You could also do this, but we don’t recommend it:
Here at Hirsh Library, we’ll have some activities throughout the month to help you de-stress, so stay tuned! In the meantime, check out some of the stress-reduction and relaxation tools up on the Tufts’ Counseling & Mental Health Services website.
The Hirsh Library is excited to be working with Paws 4 People from Tufts’ Grafton Campus to bring some cute, cuddly canines to help you de-stress.
Boo, Jett, Shinto and Bear will be available for cuddles in Room 507 from 3:30-5pm this Thursday, April 24th. See you there!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Chase the chill away with a cup of tea! Join us for a study break on SK4 at 2:30pm today. https://t.co/GorbP5hVTT about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BookRiot: Find hidden gems in your library with this scavenger hunt for exploring the stacks! https://t.co/AoJalcGMNM https://t.co/W0I… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nlm_news: Emotions of Everyday Living - watch films from the 1950s by the Mental Health Film Board https://t.co/Y7qUB1zu6s https://t.co… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A *little* obsessed with the NH Primary Yak that keeps popping up in the @wgbhnews feed. https://t.co/cao0647VlW about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Via @NPR: Scientists Discover A Second Bacterium That Causes Lyme Disease https://t.co/f3eeHqJulU about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Former Engineering Dean Linda Abriola to be Director of Tufts Institute of the Environment: https://t.co/LFyQbM69aT ht… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook