We are pleased to announce the creation of two research guides that highlight some of our archival materials. Funded by an Express Library Digitization Award from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region, they contain images and links to full-text articles from the library’s collection of materials regarding Tufts’ role in the community-health- center movement and the Jewish physicians who joined the Tufts faculty as a result of the “German Brain Drain” in World War II. We encourage you to visit these guides and experience the rich history of Tufts University School of Medicine!
Boston to Mound Bayou: Columbia Point & Delta Health Center
With its establishment of the Columbia Point Health Center (Boston, MA) and Delta Health Center, Inc. (Mound Bayou, MS), Tufts helped launch the community-health-center movement. This guide features background information about the community-health-center movement as well as materials related to the pioneering work of TUSM faculty members H. Jack Geiger and Count Gibson.
Excellence in Exile: German Emigré Physicians at TUSM
The materials in this guide pertain to the following TUSM faculty members: Alice Ettinger, Joseph Igershiemer, Gerhard Schmidt, and Siegfried Thannhauser.
Image credits: Tufts University
Tags4th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation graphs HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Just delivered a cup of coffee to a busy student! Are you the next student? Only if you tweet #coffeeoncall in the next 10 minutes... about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee You're welcome! about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sleezyslee: @TuftsHHSL ya'll are legit. Ty! about 12 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @sleezyslee On our way, Steven - see you in a few... about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client in reply to sleezyslee ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How about a caffeine drink to help you think? Tweet #coffeeoncall and then check out this link: http://t.co/IBz5tlwRKB Happy studying! about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Need one last boost for your final study session? Tweet #coffeeoncall at us until 4pm and we'll deliver coffee or cocoa to your study spot! about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook