K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Join the staff of the Hirsh Health Sciences Library Thursday 2/12 and Friday 2/13 to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Stop by to warm up, eat some candy, and maybe share a smooch with our resident skeleton heartthrob, Leo. That’s right, Leo is opening a kissing booth!
Alone on Valentine’s Day? Sweetie stranded somewhere in the snow? Don’t despair ladies and gentlemen, there’s plenty of Leo to go around! So stop by the HHSL Service Desk on Sackler 4, from noon – closing on Thursday the 12th and again from 10am – 5pm on Friday the 13 (spooky!). Sneak a smooch*, snap and share some selfies (tweet your pics to @TuftsHHSL), and fuel your winter-battered body and soul with delicious candy!
* Please don’t actually kiss the skeleton. It’s cold and flu season. You have no idea where he’s been. Air kisses only, please.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and what better way way to celebrate than to read up on the greatest of drugs – love? Once thought to be ruled by the heart, much research has been done to show that the brain is truly responsible for seeking, attaining and keeping an object of desire.
Perhaps Cupid’s real name is Dr. Helen Fisher, a researcher at Rutgers University and author of two books on the brain science behind attraction and love.
Two online summaries of her research can be found here:
Or, if you are a fan of TED Talks, here’s her 2008 presentation:
The Tufts Libraries also hold a handful of books on the topic. Remember, requests from Tisch Library are free and can be made directly through the catalog. Call or stop by the desk if you need help!
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating
- Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love
Speaking of the “love drug,” stop by the 4th floor desk for some chocolate tomorrow! Chocolate contains caffeine (which increases the output of feel-good serotonin) and phenethylamine (which triggers the release of endorphins).
So, if you aren’t in love, you can at least fake it with some chocolate, and if you are in love… keep riding the high!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright data databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @JanHoffmanNYT: How dogs learned to make us feel so happy. It's hormonal! A love story by researchers.http://t.co/pMZJ3odhZX 03:15:21 PM April 17, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Today's the day! Unveiling of our new #Jumbo statue at 4pm on the Academic Quad! 01:05:07 PM April 17, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Study break! Check out these adorable penguins and other live animal cams from @exploreorg http://t.co/DM0bufiDeR 03:07:03 PM April 16, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Have an internship in Boston this summer? Stay at Tufts! Gym and parking included! Choose from 4 types of rooms: http:… 02:26:35 PM April 16, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Congratulations to our DIS17 class, who are receiving their white coats today! 11:04:54 AM April 16, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Patriot’s Day Monday, April 20th: Library is open from 12pm- 7pm | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/abkdAFUkfp http://t.co/4MQNVd3pMX 10:18:38 AM April 16, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook