Surprise your sweetheart with a delicious home-cooked, candlelight dinner this Valentine’s Day! We have recently added several cookbooks to the collection, with mouthwatering recipes that will melt the heart.
As always, if there’s a book we don’t have that you think we should own, please let us know by recommending a purchase.
Schoolwork stressing you out? Got the winter blues? Hirsh Library and the Student Advisory & Health Administration Office (SAHA) are here to help! We love you and know you’re working hard, so we’re joining forces to bring you a week filled with fun activities to help you de-stress.
Here are the events in the library:
Tuesday 2/9, 2:30pm
Library Study Break: Afternoon Tea
Take a study break and join us on Sackler 4 for tea and treats
Thursday 2/11 and Friday 2/12, 12pm
Library Fun Lab: Valentine’s Crafts
Drop-in and make a valentine! We’ll have a variety of supplies out so you can craft something to show your love or appreciation for a friend, family member, or that special someone (your favorite librarian, perhaps?).
Keep an eye out for SAHA’s events on Wednesday and Friday:
Wednesday 2/10, All Day
Kisses and Inspiration
The Student Wellness Advisor will be roaming around campus delivering sweets and encouragement
Friday 2/12, 2pm
Unconditional Love from Furry Friends
Come to Sackler 114 and unwind before the holiday weekend with therapy dogs, healthy snacks, and a chocolate fountain!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Join the staff of the Hirsh Health Sciences Library Thursday 2/12 and Friday 2/13 to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Stop by to warm up, eat some candy, and maybe share a smooch with our resident skeleton heartthrob, Leo. That’s right, Leo is opening a kissing booth!
Alone on Valentine’s Day? Sweetie stranded somewhere in the snow? Don’t despair ladies and gentlemen, there’s plenty of Leo to go around! So stop by the HHSL Service Desk on Sackler 4, from noon – closing on Thursday the 12th and again from 10am – 5pm on Friday the 13 (spooky!). Sneak a smooch*, snap and share some selfies (tweet your pics to @TuftsHHSL), and fuel your winter-battered body and soul with delicious candy!
* Please don’t actually kiss the skeleton. It’s cold and flu season. You have no idea where he’s been. Air kisses only, please.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and what better way way to celebrate than to read up on the greatest of drugs – love? Once thought to be ruled by the heart, much research has been done to show that the brain is truly responsible for seeking, attaining and keeping an object of desire.
Perhaps Cupid’s real name is Dr. Helen Fisher, a researcher at Rutgers University and author of two books on the brain science behind attraction and love.
Two online summaries of her research can be found here:
Or, if you are a fan of TED Talks, here’s her 2008 presentation:
The Tufts Libraries also hold a handful of books on the topic. Remember, requests from Tisch Library are free and can be made directly through the catalog. Call or stop by the desk if you need help!
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating
- Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love
Speaking of the “love drug,” stop by the 4th floor desk for some chocolate tomorrow! Chocolate contains caffeine (which increases the output of feel-good serotonin) and phenethylamine (which triggers the release of endorphins).
So, if you aren’t in love, you can at least fake it with some chocolate, and if you are in love… keep riding the high!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsNutrition: How do people at different points of #FoodProduction make decisions? @friedmansprout students go behind the scenes: htt… about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Come and make a Mardi Gras mask! https://t.co/RV2C0rupaw about 16 hours ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Workshops On Demand Bring Learning to YOU! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/VbhX4RZ4Kz about 18 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Don't forget to stop by the Library Service Desk this afternoon and make a Mardi Gras mask! 11:20:07 AM February 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: .@TuftsMedSchool student Jessica Evans-Wall makes poetry with sick children to help them cope with illness. https://t.co/c… 10:17:01 AM February 23, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @JMHNRCA: New report finds surprising shift in life expectancy results https://t.co/zn35qO9vcY https://t.co/1L91ethhba 04:19:51 PM February 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook