You may have noticed that if you click the fancy Ask Us button in the webpage header, it takes you to a slightly reconfigured contact information page.
There are two new ways to receive library help – a live chat feature and a FAQ database.
The live chat program allows you to immediately chat with a librarian who is logged in at the service desk. You can also email yourself transcripts of the chat for future reference and send and receive attachments.
The FAQ database allows you to search for answers to commonly asked questions. If a similar question is found in the database, the search bar will try to guess the question you are typing (like a Google search). You can also browse the database by topic categories, located in a drop down menu below the search bar.
If your question is not in the database, you can fill out a brief email form and your question will be answered by a librarian.Submitting new questions to the FAQ database is not an immediate response system, so if your question is not in the database but is time-sensitive, please call, chat or visit the desk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You may have noticed something new on our redesigned homepage.
The images at the top of the homepage lead to resources to help different patrons on the Boston campus explore main topics of interest.
Each portal contains information specific to the topic, and should be treated as a “getting started” guide. At the top of every portal is the option to search the Tufts catalog for books, journals and other resources – as well as search for course reserves.
Explore the portals and let us know what you think HERE!
As you may have noticed, the HHSL homepage has had a makeover! Aside from being more bright and cheerful, the page has some new features and a modified layout. The following is a brief overview of the changes – we’ll highlight some of the new features in more detail throughout the coming weeks, so be sure to check back.
- The chat box is replaced with an Ask Us button in the header of the page. Click this to be taken to a page with all the ways to contact the library!
- The images across the top of the page link to portals, which act as a “getting started” point for broad categories of interest to the Tufts Boston campus.
- The orange bar in the middle of the page highlights our list of links to the most popular library resources.
- Our navigation bar now highlights links to our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us!
- The hours and library newsfeed are now more prominent in the right column.
How do you like the new look? Questions? Let us know what you think! (We are especially interested in hearing from Internet Explorer users, since we are aware that tweaks need to be made – feedback helps us troubleshoot more accurately and quickly.)
By PDGACO gaballaloans.co.uk
- No categories
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: .@peterlevine discusses the strategy and moral philosophy of creating broad civic engagement http://t.co/phNDrekXua 03:21:33 PM May 24, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- PHD Comics: A Professor's Prayer http://t.co/GxNkw52y5x via @phdcomics 03:21:09 PM May 24, 2013 from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ALA_TechSource: Copyright Clearance Center Joins Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association http://t.co/0ZEhLaFUQy 03:14:10 PM May 24, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Minor Lunar Eclipse Tonight: How to Watch It Online http://t.co/NMQ8wgvAZq 03:14:02 PM May 24, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @scifri: 4 papers in the journal Science this week tried to replicate Case Western's Alzheimer's treatment--and they couldn't - Ronald P… 03:13:39 PM May 24, 2013 from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We have special hours for Memorial Day Monday! http://t.co/kodf9bStpI 01:02:23 PM May 23, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook