Please join us giving a warm welcome to our new Collections Assistant, Sia Samiean!
Sia studied Art History and Painting at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Tufts University for three years, but ultimately graduated from Laguna College of Art and Design in California with a Bachelor’s in Painting and Illustration. After five years as a Lead Bookseller for Barnes & Noble, he went on to Harvard Widener Library to assist with the “Smart-Barcoding” Project. He then worked for the Internet Archive based in the Boston Public Library as a Book Digitizing Operator with a principal focus on digitizing the John Adams Library. Most recently, he worked as an Inventory Control Manager for Crate and Barrel. We’re so happy to have him as a member of our staff!
You may have noticed a new face at the Library Service Desk this fall, but we realized we never formally introduced her to you! So please join us in welcoming Stephanie Krauss, our new part-time reference assistant. She is a recent graduate of the College of William & Mary with a bachelor’s in history and anthropology. In addition to working at Hirsh, she is currently pursuing a master’s of library and information science and a master’s in history at Simmons. She says she’s super excited to be working here and, likewise, we’re super excited to have her!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is happy to see all the new and returning students to the Health Sciences Campus! Stop by the Library Service Desk on Sackler 4 and say “Hello”. Ask us for assistance on your toughest research questions or where you should eat lunch! Have a great semester.
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation crafts data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NPRHealth: The Risks (And Unexpected Benefits) Of Sending Health Students Abroad https://t.co/X0r3FaYLdc about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPR: It takes 35M acres of corn to feed U.S. ethanol plants; @nprDanCharles can't think of any ag product to top that: https://t.co/ZeE… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYU_HSL: Repositories & journals are great places to store data? Consider https://t.co/63mFZ0SklY or https://t.co/JIDa14X7Ak https://t.… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Meningitis outbreak in CA in spite of vaccinations- Pediatrics Prof. Cody Meissner weighs in on their effectiveness htt… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NYTHealth: A new study has raised red flags about doctor-assisted death for people with psychiatric disorders https://t.co/5z2ItxmpVE about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Lego person from @datatorrent rests in @Misfit band while visiting https://t.co/VHQZHpvTbG. Next stop is #HIMSS16 https:… 01:26:31 PM February 10, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook