Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics summer Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Did you know fake journals try to get articles from people? Did you know sometimes they're terrible at it? http://t.co/xRFM9yX6ds about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BostonGlobe: Storm on Sunday expected to bring 3 to 6 inches of snow to Boston http://t.co/FpHW89Ym5s http://t.co/oCYJBPQysA 12:44:34 PM February 28, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: Today! NIH celebrates #RareDiseaseDay2015. Details: http://t.co/36jyVtCww2 Watch live: http://t.co/vp7uLaOpL5 @NIH http://t.co… 08:30:15 AM February 27, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ProQuest: Upcoming maintenance window: Mar 1, 2015, 2 AM UTC for 5 hours. Access to ProQuest products will not be available http://t.co… 08:26:11 AM February 27, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New DynaMed Mobile Instructions | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/FmxXnuWDeN http://t.co/8h97dGRY2D 10:05:50 AM February 26, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food and nutrition in numbers 2014 http://t.co/AIDO2DPXe0 02:20:19 PM February 25, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook