Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Older Men Are Still Being Overtested for Prostate Cancer https://t.co/btrHa4KAls about 20 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: MT @PublicHealth: New nutrition labels help Americans make informed decisions, says @US_FDA: https://t.co/Gs2J5u9Ldn https… 03:26:38 PM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: CDC: 157 Pregnant Women in the U. S. Have Tested Positive for Zika https://t.co/WpqYTdRzxQ 11:57:16 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exercise Tied to Lower Risk for 13 Types of Cancer https://t.co/bniQRFDXmO via @nytimeswell 11:33:48 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New food label! Congratulations Let’s Move! & FDA https://t.co/SDblML2clJ 08:58:59 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Does city life pose a risk to mental health? https://t.co/FkYDjkooqp By @DianaMKwon https://t.co/rCO8W9dEPk 08:44:20 AM May 20, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook