Where’d You Go, Bernadette is a quirky little novel, full of delightful characters and funny situations. The entire novel is told in pieces, through a combination of e-mails, various reports, and the commentary of our narrator, Bee. Bee’s goal in sharing the story is to piece together the mindset and life of her mother, Bernadette Fox, who becomes harder and harder to understand right up until she vanishes.
The characters sparkle in this book, especially the namesake Bernadette Fox. Everyone feels like people you might know in your neighborhood, and it’s very easy to like or hate them accordingly. But above all, everything that happens is so absurd that it’s impossible not to laugh and enjoy the actions of Bernadette as she handles the public, fellow mothers at her daughter’s school, and even her own husband. A ridiculous yet sympathetic character you will find yourself quickly rooting for.
If you’re looking for something light and fun to distract you from a mountain of work (or to entertain you on your train ride into school), look no further than Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
Want to read Where’d You go, Bernadette? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor 5th floor Ask Leo book review circulation copyright databases eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books new resource open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff statistics stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @marionnestle: Politico's the money behind the fight over the dietary guidelines, out from behind the paywall. http://t.co/LpaXOTDqbn about 44 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Author and @TuftsMedSchool faculty @aliabucci with her new book! http://t.co/3KplOj3Kp9 about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @aliabucci: @TuftsHHSL shows off @TuftsMedSchool faculty publications, including my book on #alzheimersdisease! http://t.co/ePhs0IjFmx about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: VIDEO: Incredible story of Tufts MC NICU staffer who has fostered & adopted babies born w/narcotic addiction. @WGBH ht… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprscience: Scientists Grow Primitive Human Kidneys In A Dish http://t.co/YkeaezJolR about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NobelPrize: BREAKING NEWS The 2015 #NobelPrize in Chemistry is awarded to Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar: http://t.co/mlgE… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook