Look, we’ve all been there. You really WANT to attend that HHSL Open Workshop, but we were up SO LATE on Sunday studying/watching the Oscars/binging Netflix, and 9:00 am Tuesday feels so early. So you decide to attend the Wednesday 4:00 pm session of the workshop. But hey, did you notice that it is staying light outside until almost 6:00 and also the world is not currently a Frozen Hellscape and you should really go outside for vitamin D?
Have you squandered your last chance to learn EndNote? Thrown away your shot to master Web of Science? Wasted all opportunities to hone your PubMed skills? Are you doomed?
No! Your friends at Hirsh Health Sciences Library would never abandon you! We know how busy you are, and we can’t schedule Open Workshops at times that fit everybody’s schedule. To better meet your needs, we bring you Workshops on Demand– gather a few friends, find some times that work for a group session, and tell the Library what you want to learn about. We will provide the content, and expert librarian instructor, and we’ll even book the room. Choose from the list of topics, or suggest your own- we’re listening! Just fill out the form and we will be in touch to set up your custom workshop. These sessions are a great way to maximize learning and interaction with an instructor and your classroom peers, and ideal for those embarking on group projects. Workshops on Demand can be scheduled M-F between 8:00 am and 5:30 pm, depending on the availability of librarians, and we can conduct them via WebEx as well for those off-campus.
(of course, if you would like a one-on-one instruction session with a librarian, we can set that up too. Just contact us here)
As the Fall semester begins, the Hirsh Health Sciences Library is ready to launch the next series of Open Workshops! These workshops will cover many different research topics, such as learning how to begin a literature search, managing your citations with EndNote, learning about open access, and more. See our Open Workshops page for more information, including complete workshop descriptions and schedules.
We’d also like to introduce Workshops on Demand. If you and your colleagues are interested in a workshop, but cannot attend due to a conflicting schedule, you can now request a Workshop on Demand: just let us know what your group is interested in, and we’ll create a workshop that works for you!
If you have any questions about Open Workshops, or Workshops on Demand, please call the library service desk at 617-636-6705, or email us at email@example.com.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- The Library of Congress released a fascinating history of card catalogs. Wait, come back! https://t.co/cRnENWj7vk via @voxdotcom 09:08:31 AM April 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New Anatomical Models | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KntyJ9pPA4 10:12:25 AM April 20, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- After the March for Science, the fight must go on https://t.co/ITu7S2r5nD via @BostonGlobe 09:33:35 AM April 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Norbert Wilson, professor of food policy at @TuftsNutrition, investigates food waste https://t.co/At6V9mTsdj https://t… 10:59:05 AM April 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EndNote x8 is here! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/qsTRrMMQhc 10:31:07 AM April 18, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Patriots’ Day Hours | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/g8EG4rF0Uu 11:16:27 AM April 14, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook