To find out more about high energy physics – what it tells us about the universe, and what we still need to find out:
- Fermilab Today
- Building for Discovery: Strategic Plan for Particle Physics in the Global Context (aka the P5 Report)
- Symmetry Magazine
- Quantum Universe
- CERN Courier
- Particle Adventure
- Quantum Diaries – Thoughts on work and life from particle physicists from around the world
Undergraduate research at Tufts can take many forms:
- Tufts Summer Scholars
- Senior thesis
- Work-study assignments
- Course credit (Physics 91 / 92)
- Summer jobs
I have had students work with me from first to senior year, the only prerequisites are Physics 13 and some experience with computing (Comp 11), in particular C++ and linux.
- Lauren Wielgus, “A Search for Multi-Nucleon Production in the MINERvA Neutrino Experiment at Fermilab”, Senior Thesis (2011).
- Stephanie Yuen and Erin van Erp, “GENIE Neutrino Event Generator Validation”, spring 2010.
- Lauren Wielgus, “Identifying Electron Neutrino Events in the Minerva Tracking Protoype”, supported by the Tufts Summer Scholars program (2009).
- Pauli Kehayias, “Simulations and Analyses of Expected Nucleon Transversity Measurements in the MINERvA Neutrino Experiment”, Senior thesis (2009).
- Pauli Kehayias (et al.), “A Hadronization Model for the MINOS Experiment”, AIP Conf.Proc.967:269-275,2007.
- Pauli Kehayias and Joel Harley, “Comparing Intranuclear Rescattering Models to nm-D and nm-Ne Data for an Atmospheric Neutrino Flux”, minos-doc-4112.
- Keith Hofmann, “Strange Particle Production in the AGKY Hadronization Model”, minos-doc-4962, supported by the Tufts Summer Scholars program (2008).
- Joel Harley (2007-2008) and Erin Van Erp (2008-2009), “Monte Carlo Simulations on the Tufts Linux Research Cluster”.
- George Locke, “New technique for detection of kaons using timing signature”. Senior thesis (2005). Used early data from the MINOS experiment to develop a new method for identifying kaons.
- B. Bowler, S. Gangotena, A. Hall, J. Weiner, “Estimation of Signal Efficiency and Background Rejection for a Liquid Argon Detector in the NuMI Off-Axis Beam”, Fermilab paper, spring 2005.