Location: Search for ‘Embase’ in search box on Databases tab of the HHSL homepage (http://hirshlibrary.tufts.edu/).
This database indexes biomedical journal articles and conference abstracts. The database includes thousands of journals not indexed by MEDLINE (PubMed), and is particularly robust in its coverage of pharmaceutical and medical device literature and conferences. Unique indexing, through its Emtree controlled vocabulary, and search features make it easy to retrieve precise results.
Springer Nature Experiments, which I mentioned in my October post, is now available. To access, click the link in the ‘Find Springer Nature Protocols & Methods’ box on the Sackler School Biomedical Sciences Research Guide
Location: Tisch Library Book Stacks PR 6051.T56 L54 2013
Location: HHSL Leisure Reading Fiction A875g 2016
Life After Life is a novel about an English woman who lives through the events of the first half of the 20th century again and again, with small, but critical, changes each time, reminiscent of Ray Bradbury’s short story, A Sound of Thunder. A God in Ruins is the companion novel to Life After Life, following the brother of the main character in the first novel through his experiences in World War II to the present day.
To request a book from another Tufts Library:
- Search for the book in JumboSearch, which is the default search on the Hirsh Health Sciences Library homepage.
- Once you find the book, click the title to view the record for that book. Click the ‘Log in’ link in the yellow box.
- Log in with your Tufts username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click the ‘Request item’ link.
- Choose your pickup location (Hirsh Health Sciences Library) and click ‘Request’. You will be notified via email when the book is ready for you to pick up.