Fletcher School student Kika Tabacniks wrote on the Fletcher Reflections blog about her experience taking a class with Professor John Curtis Perry, director of the Maritime Studies Program, and shared the insights he offered his students — good words to keep in mind as we begin the spring semester.
1. Pull everything out of your teacher. Pull everything out of your fellow students. In return give as much as you can.
2. Work. If you work it will lead to something.
3. Always go to classes. You are paying a lot for them. And remember Woody Allen’s advice: ”Ninety percent of success is showing up.”
4. Read a lot, the best books and articles you can get your hands on.
5. Be happy whenever you can manage it. Remember it is lighter than you think.